Me, Myself, And My One Pair Of Jeans

I jokingly said I would post this as an outfit photo for the blog, then my bff said I really should. This was me hiking around Big Sur, looking MIGHTY CASUAL. Most of you have only known me as a Dress Obsessed girl, but the reality is I once bought a pair of jeans just to see how it felt…and ended up in them quite a lot, so now I actually have TWO!  I realized if I’m wearing jeans, I don’t dress them up in my usual fancyways. I always want to look like Mikey from The Goonies (double denim) or Wayne from Wayne’s World (black tee and Converse), with a touch of Ponyboy Curtis. Is it so wrong if I want to go from extreme femme to ladybutch?!??!

Anyway, I’m kind of interested in trying those Levi’s Curve ID. Thoughts? Anyone? Don’t worry, I’m not going to be wearing jeans all the time on here. Don’t want to get everyone EVEN MORE horny. This IS a Dress Obsessed way of life after all. Plus, like I said, I only dress like those three dudes so my outfit posts would get totally boring after a while I’m sure….

1 Louise LeMans { 10.06.11 at 5:34 pm }

Dooood. I love that you said ladybutch. And I love it because I am the SAME WAY. I’m foo foo dress and stockings girl, and I am black, androgynous, covered with zippers outfit girl. Grrrr.

Maybe you’ve talked about this before — if so, tell me and I’ll search for it — but as a dress lover, how do you wear dresses in the colder months and not freeze your ass off? Please, oh dressy one, teach me, because I usually end up in jeans all winter like a skuzbag.
Louise LeMans recently posted…Louise Loves LinksMy Profile

2 melina bee { 10.06.11 at 7:33 pm }

you are so funny “make everyone even hornier” lolz.
I also own only one pair of jeans, except that right now they don’t fit me… you’re looking great in this picture, very 50s
melina bee recently posted…Sassy Editorial: Cozy KnitsMy Profile

3 jasmine { 10.06.11 at 8:21 pm }

i got a pair of levi’s BOLD CURVE and i love them…if you have a big butt & a little waist i recommend ‘em

4 Eli { 10.06.11 at 10:03 pm }

My advice is to go to Buffalo Exchange and try on lots of different brands of jeans to see how their sizes run and you get like a billion different types of jeans. Plus the price will be great! I’m on the verge of a denim crisis because when I used to work at Fornarina I had like 15 pairs of jeans and they’re all slowly dying on four years later! Maybe I’ll need to find some Levi’s curve jeans too
Eli recently posted…Coming soon…more photos from Mexico Carbon footstep 2011My Profile

5 Ashe @ Dramatis Personae { 10.07.11 at 8:28 am }

DUDE I NEED TO KNOW WHERE YA GOTCHA HOODIE. JACKET?! HOODIE?!

I love yo ladybutch ways. Let’s start an all girls Outsiders and I can be Rob Lowe.
Ashe @ Dramatis Personae recently posted…Waxing PoeticMy Profile

6 marie { 10.08.11 at 2:29 pm }

WELL…I live in southern california so that’s why I can get away with showing skin all year! BUT the best and warmest tights I have are these thick ones from We Love Colors so I’d try those. http://www.welovecolors.com/Shop/LycraSolidColorMicroFiberTights.htm I’ll be living in mine all winter!

7 marie { 10.08.11 at 2:30 pm }

thank you! That’s the look I am going for: boy from The Sandlot!!

8 marie { 10.08.11 at 2:31 pm }

I realized I’m not a fan of Buffalo 21 though. I hate how people will sell their old F21 and Buff will sell it for the same price. WTF?!? But then I see people like Vintage Vandalizm getting GREAT designer for cheap there so maybe you just gotta take the bad with the good??

9 marie { 10.08.11 at 2:32 pm }

Girl it’s H&M!! Can you believe it???

10 Emi { 10.08.11 at 6:28 pm }

MIGHTY CASUAL.

11 Diana { 10.10.11 at 9:29 pm }

I have two pairs of jeans, one which I bought like a month ago (Levi Strauss, at waist bootcut). it’s got a bit of a mom jean attitude but I wear them with longer shirts and they tuck the belly in while making my butt look awesome. I also have a pair of BDG’s (from UO-they hit above my ankle, and are tight as can be) which I wear with boots. I wore them out tonight after a few weeks of neglecting them and they definitely give me a different, more casual attitude than I would have while wearing a dress or skirt. Also, +10 points for the Goonies reference.