In The Dressing Room With Zac Posen For Target

If you recall, last time when the Rodarte for Target line came out I tried on a bunch of the clothes and snapped shots in the dressing room to show you what they looked like in the real world. I wanted to do the same with the Zac Posen line so I scheduled my day accordingly. I woke up at 7am, ran a comb through my bangs and was ready to start my Sunday bright and early like I was fittin’ to go to CHURCH. Felt like Black Friday up in this mug. OPERATION ZAC POSEN WAS NOW IN SESSION.

The tiger print sailor dress was #1 on my list so grabbed that one right away. Because there was a pink slip attached underneath, it seriously took me at least three minutes to just GET IT READY to put on. I was twisting that shit around my limbs like I was playing chinese jump rope (REMEMBER THAT GAME!?) I’m sure we can attribute that ridiculousness to lack of sleep and general dressing room slapstick, but anyway I digress…I loved it! THANK GAWT.

tigerdress

Now to the tuxedo bodysuit and skirt. I had said I wasn’t going to get the bodysuit because I was afraid the crotch was going to snap back like a boomerang and hit me in the eye…but surprisingly the bodysuit was very comfortable! I ended up getting it, but not the skirt which was what I had actually planned to buy. I personally liked the pieces better separately than together. Something clashed. The skirt fit nicely but I was iffy about the design of the waist. I decided to ditch it for now.

tux

The black sweater dress was another surprise purchase. It was on my to-try list but as a peripheral piece. It’s a nice LBD, clings to your curves and comfortable. Made my booty look noice. WATCHOUT.

blackknit

BE STILL MY QUIVERING LOINS…the red leather jacket is AMAZING!! Once I had this sexy thang on I couldn’t bear to take it off and walked out of the dressing room still wearing it. Perhaps I was subconsciously hoping a generous sugar daddy/momma would say I looked totally bangin’ and buy it for me on the spot. At $200 it is the most expensive piece of the collection but it’s fucking fabulous. Super depressed I had to part with it. Perhaps I will write it love letters to deal with my longing.

redleatherzipped

Yes I know it looks fucking SICK WITH THAT TIGER ON MY DRESS!!!!! UGH. DAMN YOUUUUU

redleather1

Here is that beautiful floral brocade dress. My problem with it was the asymmetrical zipper. The placement of said zipper is great if I want to flash someone a hello from my right boob (Thelma) real quick, but in reality it wasn’t flattering for my cleavage. If the zipper was placed in the middle with a more complimenting cut for décolletage it would have won my corazon. Maybe best for my smaller-busted sistas.

golddress

goldcloseup

Here is the print in the same style as the pleated tuxedo skirt. There is also my censored cleavage FYI. (DIDN’T WANT TO DISTRACT ANYONE… TOO MUCH)

goldskirt

Here is a blue sack dress that was cute to me in a weird way but isn’t my steez. Not into drawstrings and stuff like that. It’s just a personal preference. I think it gives me KIKWEAR flashbacks.

sackdress

sackdress2

They didn’t have the red ruffle dress at my Target, but they did have the same design in a black and blue version. I thought it was really cool that Posen made this dress in a two-piece. You can choose to wear it as a LBD or attach the ruffles for a fancier look.

black solo

ruffleclose

blueruffle

The pink and purple polka dot dress was pretty cute. Totally a fun spring day dress.

fuschia2

It’s always fun for a midge like me to try on any type of maxi or floor-length dress. They are so foreign to me! Here is the safety pin-printed gown. The train was totally fun.

floorlength

I loved the color combination of this pink and lavender snap skirt. It reminds me of My Little Pony. I went back and forth with this one but ended up opting out for now.

pinkpurplecensored

pinkskirt

The dark blue tape dress is a pretty fun piece.

bluedress

I like the little window in the cleavage. Looks like my bewbs are caged in. LET THEM OUT!!!

bluedressclose

And that concludes my Zac Posen X Target dressing room antics!!!! I felt like this was the girls locker room and you drilled a hole to look in at me changing. How 80′s!!!

What about any of you ladies? Get anything good? What did you think of the clothes in person?

1 Poochie { 04.25.10 at 2:35 pm }

You look amazing in all of it. I bought the red ruffle dress, the blue/black ruffle dress, the polka-dot dress and the snap tape dress. All online so we’ll see how I do. I love the safety pin dress too but that was sold out or not online yet.

2 Vidalia { 04.25.10 at 2:35 pm }

That blue sack dress looks REALLY good on you. I’m all over the blue tape dress and am honing up on my lot lizard skills to earn that red coat. “Hey Trucker, want a ride?”

3 Ashe Mischief { 04.25.10 at 2:37 pm }

GIRRRRRLLLLLLLL. You look FOINNNN in dem first few dresses! (And the rest you still hot, his designs just not.)

4 marie { 04.25.10 at 2:54 pm }

@Poochie – oooh can’t wait to see you wear them!! I wish he had some good accessories. I saw online there were belts. Was there anything else?

@Vidalia – Wow really? Thanks! There is something about it I like. Maybe ’cause it’s a ‘casual dress’ I’ll prob get it if it goes on clearance. UGH TELL ME ABOUT IT. I’ll join you in the lot.

@Ashe- Thanks bew!! :D

5 dendoo { 04.25.10 at 3:47 pm }

Seriously hun, I was just thinking how cool would it be to go into a dressing room and snap pics of outfits and then I come to your site! Get outta my miiind! :P

my fave looks on you:

THAT RED JACKET IS SICK. I think I felt your sadness that you couldn’t buy it. Maybe if you had uncensored one of the photos a boobage lover would have offered to buy it for ya? Pimp the boobies! lol.
(oh wait, i’m not the boobage lover though…i ain’t gats no money either)

The dress with the tiger was sick too.

I like the ruffles and I think it’s clever that it’s a 2 piecer as well. The ruffles make you seem little girly and cute.

And the caged in boobage dress is pure awesome.

6 dendoo { 04.25.10 at 3:51 pm }

oh btw

I just scrolled down the page and saw the models sportin the looks from your other post. I gotta say I’m likin how the clothes actually look on a woman with curves. Brings some juice and life to it. I swear, these designers need to start letting ladies of all sizes model their clothes. It would be revolutionary.

7 melina bee { 04.25.10 at 4:53 pm }

wow, your first two are the ones I really want too. Unfortunately the target near me doesn’t carry any of this, but my mommy is lovely enough to see what she can get tomorrow (they were slow at her neighborhood target I guess?)

8 Emi { 04.25.10 at 5:42 pm }

LOL FU KICKWEAR!!!!!!!!!

9 The Honeyroom { 04.25.10 at 6:15 pm }

I absolutely love the red leather jacket, but it is a tad bit expensive, and I also love you in the pink and purple dot dress, your right it really is a great spring/summer dress!

10 Tara { 04.25.10 at 6:52 pm }

Aww why must you tease those of us not in the U.S! That leather jacket is HOT. I love all the pieces & it is awesome to see what they look like on someone with similar boobage to me, it will help when I trawl eBay later looking for that tiger print dress!

11 melis { 04.25.10 at 9:13 pm }

great blog!! love ALL the stuff on you! you looked so good in everything!! i’m too short for maxi dresses too but that dress looked really cute on you! i wish i could buy you that jacket boo! i tried it on too and it’s really comfy! reminds me of MJ in thriller!

12 Danielle { 04.26.10 at 11:04 am }

I really like how the purple polkadot dress looks on you! I would’ve tried that one on but I haaaaad to get the bodysuit, it was so perfect, and even THAT was stretching my budget. But yeah the bodysuit is like my favorite clothing piece ever now.

13 The Wholestyle Network » Blog Archive » In the Dressing Room with Zac Posen for Target { 04.27.10 at 9:31 am }

[...] Marie is a dedicated John Stamos stalker lover and swooner of all things swoony.  Her adventures at Target were originally posted at her home site, Agent Lover. [...]

14 Danielle { 04.27.10 at 12:00 pm }

Here’s me in the tux… I feel like Judy Garland.

Also, that thing was already out of stock online before I even went to the store, jeez.

15 Cara { 04.27.10 at 2:46 pm }

HOLY SHIT! These desses are amazing! That detachable ruffle dress is the best idea of all ideas ever!!! I also ADORE that tux bodysuit!

I am thinking maybe floor length dresses should not be so foreign to you as that one looks fantastic on you!

16 Link Love: 4.28.10 | Nubbytwiglet.com { 04.29.10 at 6:32 am }

[...] • Marie of Agent Lover gives us a dressing room view of what the Zac Posen for Target line really looks like. [...]

17 star { 04.29.10 at 9:21 am }

San Fran has no target. Alas, I will miss out once more.

18 bethany { 04.30.10 at 9:51 am }

ahhhh you look bangin in the black sweater dress and the cage dress!

i got the safety pin bikini, might have to go back for the pink tiger dress… cause i <3 it! man, they are all awesome huh?!

19 eleanorhope { 05.03.10 at 10:55 am }

THANK YOU FOR DOING THIS!! EVERYTHING looks amazing on… i was worried because the sizes run small, so i thought it might not look good on me, but i just think im going to buy some Zac for cheap! yahhhhh!

20 camille { 05.08.10 at 11:15 am }

i got the sailor dress in the orchid color and the red ruffly dress. i have to say, i love this target collabo. the quality is good (for a change) and i loooove the designs. if i could only find that long gown with the fun train in my size, i’d be a happy camper.. thanks for doing this!

21 Amy { 05.10.10 at 7:12 am }

I love you in that bodysuit. I wish I could have the ruffle dress!

22 mo { 05.13.10 at 2:36 pm }

amazing blog i love your style i will love if is posible to anwer some question . ( an interview for my blog)
regards from mexico