Harajuku Agent Lover

Harajuku

Takeshita Street in Harajuku.

Harajuku Remix

• dress – local shop
  • Steve Madden wedges ( I left these in Tokyo as they have run their course! Any recs for a new comfy summer wedge?)
  • heart sunnies – Ebay
  • purse – Betsey Johnson
  • mansion doorknockers – Fabuless! Thank you Tiff for telling me about this! Won’t have to go to SanSARS Alley for cheap doorknockies ever again!

in harajuku

Harajuku was a DREAM for me, especially fashion-wise. Bows, ruffles, and heart-shaped purses. My favorite accessory, knee-socks, are so commonplace you can buy them practically anywhere: on the street or in the subway station. Sadly, I never saw any sock garters in any of the stores to add to my collection. In Shibuya, I saw tons of girls wearing stretchy clasp belts with skirts and dresses, as seen in a few photos here. There were countless outfits composed of black leggings under dresses and especially denim skirts. Plenty of girls wear socks with heels. Shops that specialized solely in socks and tights can be found anywhere, selling every kind of sock you could imagine wearable with every type of shoe. The people of Tokyo rock that shit fo’ sho’. I just think Japanese people can get away with a lot more when it comes to fashion. JEALOUZ! Everyone had a style that came across as completely effortless and natural, yet incredibly chic. I’ve never been surrounded by that much personal style in my gawtdamn life. And not a flip-flop or Ugg Boot in sight. THANK THE LO’. That was the real culture shock!

Toof purse found in Harajuku!!

emi

With a nice surprise tucked in!

tongue out

Nate and Emi standing in front of a storefront with dangling dolls.

Nathan and Emi

The McDonald’s campaign going on over there right now is pretty hilarious and cute.

Beef is Beautiful

Beetle versus Bunny! The gold beetle ring is a Cloven Hoof design and the black bunny was found among a bunch of other cute animal rings at a shop in Harajuku!

beetle vs bunny

MORE CREPES MISS YOU MUCH

I love crepes

I REALLY MISS YOU MUCH

crepe poster

panda crepe

So bummed I never got a yukata to bring home. Next time! BTW, this is what the Claire’s Accessories employees wear in Harajuku. Yes,  I said Claire’s. Harajuku’s Claire’s beats all the ones we have in the States as you can imagine.

pink yukata

Frilly dresses in shop windows

frilly dresses

Gold Kewpie!

gold kewpie

More shopping adventure posts to come!

1 Ashe Mischief { 07.16.09 at 11:41 am }

OH MAN. This is my favorite of your Tokyo posts so far! Harajuku looks AMAZING. I can’t believe you came home.

2 rain { 07.16.09 at 11:45 am }

you look super cute as always! i really love that dress… i want! great shots and i love those rings!!!!

3 Tiffany { 07.16.09 at 11:52 am }

How did the prices and everything translate over there? This post is making my shopping glands ACHE.

Oh yeah, I got shopping glands, wut?

4 Josh (In Wonderland) { 07.16.09 at 7:57 pm }

GURL. YOU ARE SO TOTES FIERCEBOT-3031 IT’S RIDICKYDONK.

you have great style. the end.

5 Em { 07.16.09 at 8:12 pm }

Heeee you are making me uber homesick- though it’s not *really* my home, it’s definitely where I should have been born. Harajuku FTW. And how I miss my banana & choc chip crepes. On the last day we were there last time we ate as many as we could & I had 2 at the Airport before we left, LOL! Im SO excited to go back, eeeee!

6 Freya { 07.17.09 at 12:28 am }

Man, I love Claire’s. This version of Claire’s seems so different!

7 marie { 07.17.09 at 12:43 pm }

@Ashe – me neither! That’s why I’m experiencing prob the first case of Post Vacay Depression I’ve ever had!!!

@rain – Thank you! It was quite a steal! $10!

@Tiff – since everything is in 1000′s it was easy to just move the decimal over two and roughly estimate. 1500 yen is about 15 something -16 bucks. That’s how I did it! And for years I had heard Japan was EXTREMELY expensive but it really wasn’t different than going shopping in the states. Like going to NYC for vacay or something you know?

@Josh – THANK YOU MY BO!!!! You’re v sweet!!!!

@Em – oh man I can seriously say I am homesick too. Best city ever! I can’t stop saying it!

8 Nita { 07.17.09 at 5:01 pm }

Ahh, I’m so jealous! Looks like you’re having a blast and doing some amazing shopping

9 Panda Mime { 07.18.09 at 1:31 am }

Ahhhhh! This is why I want to go back to Tokyo immediately! I never found all this cool shit. I found some cool stuff but nothing like this. JEALOUS.
x

10 Dinah { 07.20.09 at 5:06 pm }

FYI – Those magical harajuku crepes will soon be in your hood: http://la.eater.com/archives/2009/07/20/harajuku_crepe_takes_over_fulfilled.php

Regards,
A fellow agent ;)

11 hannah { 07.21.09 at 7:48 pm }

i got one of those gold kewpie babies!!! gah you make me miss tokyo too much :-(

12 Emine { 08.04.09 at 1:46 am }

OH MY FUCKING GOD RIE DID YOU SEE THE LINK DINAH POSTED?!?

i can’t WAIT.

13 Jade (aka peek.a.boo) { 09.13.09 at 8:11 pm }

you are hot man, your cute red hair inspired me to dye mine too! i haven’t stopped getting props about it, so i’m sending some of the props your way for inspiring me :) ta!