Freestyle Summer 2009

freestylesummermegamix

Here in So Cal we are experiencing an intense case of June Gloom (GROSS!) but hopefully upon download of this Freestyle mix I have made, we will be able to banish these grey skies to kingdom come with our collective of blasting boomboxes. Freestyle music reminds me of a 1987 summer, and the scent of hairspray while my babysitter got ready for a date. It is now also going to remind us of the SUMMER OF 2009. This might not be everybody’s steez but for those who feel me on this, YOU ARE WELCOME.

Freestyle Summer Megamix

tracklist

1 Mace Elaine { 06.13.09 at 12:45 pm }

Damn, girl. You could call that mix “songs Mace loved when she was a wee-bit but couldn’t tell you the artist’s name if you held a gun to her head.” Though I think it also needs “Crush on You” by the Jets.

2 Joelle { 06.13.09 at 3:53 pm }

Oh, 1987, how I missed thee. I might have to tease my bangs before I listen to this.

3 Jaka Merriman { 06.13.09 at 6:19 pm }

So, just to embarrass myself a little, I’ve never heard ANY of these songs before. But! I’m downloading your summa-mix anyway and shall report back on the double! /salute

4 Rabbit { 06.13.09 at 9:12 pm }

Heeeeeell Yea girl!!
Perfection ‘cept I woulda included “Cruel Summer” LOVE that u included Debbie Deb
XOXO

5 Tiffany { 06.13.09 at 9:46 pm }

I swear, my hair and makeup just looks better if I listen to Debbie Deb while I’m getting ready.

6 marie { 06.15.09 at 12:23 am }

@Mace – I LOVE ME SOME THE JETS ESP CRUSH ON YOU!!! But they weren’t really a freestyle group. I haven’t used that song anywhere on here yet but I will!! LUV DOSE SAMOANS

@Joelle – YAY! I’m glad you feel me on this one. You better use aqua net for dem bangs girl…

@Jaka – I hope you like it!!

@Rabbit – Cruel Summer is a good song but not freestyle either! Perhaps for my next mix!! (Hoping it’s not a cruel summer for anyone though..except me ARCH ENEMIES jk)

@Tiffany – Oh girl you KNOW I always think of you in regards to Debbie Deb!!

7 bianca alexis { 06.15.09 at 9:49 am }

whoa! mucho gracias chica! I have been after these songs for such a long time. You should have been here for the Puerto Rican Day parade. Mucho freestyle music here all the time. ha!

8 Fashion First Aid: A Trio of Nasty Gal Bandage Dresses | sfindiefashion.com { 06.15.09 at 10:07 am }

[...] Glamwatch blog, we’ve been feeling a bit of an 80’s moment (supported in full by Agent Lover’s recent freestyle mix) that’s right in line with the styling of these bandage dresses from Bay Area-based vintage [...]

9 Pretty Lush { 06.15.09 at 11:26 am }

I don’t recall a soCal summer quite so gray. C’mooooonnn, sun!

10 Jaka Merriman { 06.17.09 at 3:50 am }

Reporting for duty!: I’ve decided that I love the 80s soundtrack. Always been a little against the genre (I know, omg, it’s a genre now) cos it all seems the same to me, but these tracks are just different enough to mix it up for me. Score!

11 Mike TILT! { 06.18.09 at 1:05 am }

FUCKEN SIIIICK!
I so PROUD OF YOU!

AWESOME TRACKS!

12 Dr. Awkward { 06.29.09 at 11:20 pm }

Needs some Johnny O. (Fantasy Girl) and definitely needs some Nice & Wild! (Diamond Girl)

Also, Look Out Weekend > When I Hear Music

13 mademoiselleglitter { 06.30.09 at 3:24 am }

pretty cool mix tape you have there, hun. now i have to hunt down all those songs!

14 alex* { 09.25.09 at 4:24 pm }

Ooooh girrrrrrrlI am loving this!!!! Totally takes me back. Expose, Pretty Poison, Nu Shuz, and LISA LISA??!!!! I’m amazed you have all this. SO GOOD. You made my friday 1000% better.

15 Agent Lover » Never Trust A Big Butt And A Smile { 02.23.10 at 12:03 pm }

[...] In case you missed the first one, here’s the Freestyle Summer Mix!* Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]

16 Agent Lover » The Holy Trinity Of Nasty Girls { 03.08.10 at 11:00 am }

[...] Related post and still available if you missed it: Freestyle Summer 2009 [...]