Good Friday

Someone told me that in Mexico today, they will reenact the crucifixion by actually hammering nails into “Jesus’” hands. OH HALES NO TO THAT.

This person agrees to be “Jesus” for five years. The doctor xrays his hands and marks a target into his palm. Ambulances stand by.

Growing up, I took my Holy Communion and was even confirmed. I chose Mary Magdalene as my saint because my name is Marie Madeline and because I liked how she was a whore.

Once when I was a kid I found a pink Hello Kitty mini notepad at church.

Nowadays if I drink too much whiskey I will sometimes recite a whole Catholic mass.

I still think Catholicism is the prettiest religion.

Screencaps from Don’t Deliver Us From Evil, Agnes of God and Alice Sweet Alice

1 amanda lee { 04.10.09 at 10:16 am }

I was never Catholic….

…but my mum once bought me one of those tiara/veil thingies that were obviously intended for First Communion. It was the best thing I ever had in my dress-up box.

[Does this make me a bad person?]

2 The Naked Redhead { 04.10.09 at 10:39 am }

Hahaha! I’ve been lurking around here for awhile, but this post just takes the cake. Thanks for the good laugh on Good Friday. Good times.

3 The Friendinator { 04.10.09 at 12:56 pm }

Does being conformed mean you can get into any restaurant in town?

4 Tiffany { 04.10.09 at 1:20 pm }

Loverface, I just saw these gorg religilicious photos and thought of yooou: http://www.boston.com/bigpicture/2009/04/holy_week.html

5 Ali-bell { 04.10.09 at 5:34 pm }

You should watch Brides of Christ, I think you might enjoy it.

6 Annie Dangerpaws { 04.12.09 at 4:12 pm }

I am a total heathen but I’m related to a bunch of nuns. They are sweet as pie. I drank beer with them today.

7 marie { 04.15.09 at 11:21 am }

@amanda lee- haha no way! they are perfect for dress up! (i wear rosaries as necklaces sometimes…does that make me a bad person?)

@The Naked Redhead- Hello there!! Thank you for coming out of the Lurking Shadows!!!

@The Friendinator – I wish free wine!

@ Tiffany!! THOSE PICTURES ARE AMAZING. WOW.

@Ali – First I thought it would be a horror movie! Just added it to Netflix. Thanks for the recommendation, looks vewy intewesting.

@Annie – !! I love this whole story. I wish I could have witnessed that!

8 melissa mankins { 04.22.11 at 12:30 pm }

lovin’ this post…Glòria in excèlsis Deo!

p.s. when i drink too much whiskey i start reciting the mass in latin to be a creep.
melissa mankins recently posted…Miranda and Amelia- Ladies of the WoodsMy Profile