It All Makes Sense

HEY DERE. So this is one of my favorite outfits ever because I’m wearing so many of my favorite things: Betsey Johnson, chola earrings, Cutie Dynamite, Motherland jewelz, sick nails, a big smile, and a serious ring game. And yes, I’m still sporting these glasses. EXASPERATED SIGH. OK, let me pause on this Dramatica 2000 because I really don’t mind them anymore. However, it is REALLY hard to dog (DOG!!!) the group of clownolas who gave me and my crew the snobface at the sushi spot if I’m looking like some cute ass cartoon character over here. Can you see my bitchface behind these oversized cateye lenses??? FRUSTRATIONS! ANYWAY.

♥ Dress: Betsey Johnson, UO shoes,  Jeannie necklace, Constellation bracelet and Claudette Double Brooch c/o Motherland,  silver pyramid bow brooch given to me by Karlito, Library Science pin! I’m also wearing a sparkly bone hair clip from Cutie Dynamite but it’s camouflaged in the pic. ♥

I am SO obsessed with Motherland jewelry! Can you believe this brooch? (Stay tuned for a very special sumthin’ sumthin’ later on today….)

The Jeannie necklace is my jam! Looks like rock candy! And this star bracelet…I cannot love it enough. BTW are you dying over my nails? They were done by Madeline Poole!

And now, some important news I wanted to share with you. When I was in 8th grade, I reached a pivotal turning point in my life: It was when the Aerosmith videos with Alicia Silverstone came out….

We all know “Cryin’” which has caused me to have a serious side-thang for Stephen Dorff. A side-thang where I don’t want to admit it but it is there.

And then of course, “Crazy” where Steven’s daughter Liv Tyler joined in, creating road-trip fantasies for undercover bad girls everywhere.

Shortly after, Bon Jovi came out with the video for “Always.” There was Carla Gugino who starred in Son-In-Law with Pauly Shore, Jack Noseworthy from MTV’s Dead At 21, and a pre-Felicity, post-Mickey Mouse Club Keri Russell playing the backstabbin’ beyotch roommate.

It also had that same vibe as the Aerosmith videos, causing me to do a Jack Noseworthy side-eye like, “I C U BITING AEROSMIF.”

Well, eighteen years later I figured out it was the same director…Everything FINALLY makes sense. THIS WORLD!!!!!

::closes eyes and smiles satisfyingly to the sky::

The end.

1 Ashe @ Ash in Fashion { 06.26.12 at 8:25 am }

/SIGH.

2 Groupie Rock N Roll { 06.26.12 at 8:37 am }

Qué guapa eres y qué estilo! :D

3 Mad Crushin’ On Motherland And Giveaway! — { 06.26.12 at 10:01 am }

[...] lately I’ve been super obsessed with wearing all things Motherland (as seen in this recent outfit post) and then found out that Melissa Aquino, the creator of Motherland, is obsessed with Jayne [...]

4 Melissa { 06.26.12 at 11:06 am }

YES. I appreciate that you worked Alicia into this. I was literally just talking about the “Cryin” video yesterday. That coupled with your “Clueless” house thing? Wtf, universe!

5 Tanya { 06.26.12 at 12:25 pm }

What about that amazing cheetah ring? Is it Betsey too? I LOVE it madly!

6 Robyn { 06.26.12 at 12:47 pm }

OMG YOU JUST BLEW MY MIND, THOSE ARE THE ONLY SONGS I LIKE FROM AEROSMITH AND BON JOVI AND I ALWAYS SAID IT CUZ THE VIDEOS ARE SO GOOD.

You look A+ in these outfit, you look like a children’s TV presenter from the 90s P.S MY FAVOURITE TYPE OF LOOK. Mad jelz of your glasses and that Betsy dress AHH! xo

7 Drew { 06.26.12 at 1:33 pm }

Gurl, you look so cute in this. Those glasses are berry flattering on you too.
Stay real (like you even have to be told)
Drü-drü

8 Sinead { 06.26.12 at 2:12 pm }

Love that motherland brooch!

9 Monique Catalina { 06.26.12 at 3:08 pm }

Cryin’ and Crazy forever in my heart!!! If we all had to leave earth those two music videos would go in my time capsule fo sho. What lovely stuff she make! Can I has this heart brooch<3!

10 melina bee { 06.27.12 at 1:51 pm }

you are clearly the best. I love this outfit and love even more that you included ” a big smile” in the list :)
I saw “crazy” as a young girl just emerging into adolescence and well, it certainly had an impact.

11 shezcrafti { 07.01.12 at 10:21 pm }

Cryin’ is the video that gave me a huge girlcrush on Alica Silverstone, and hell-to-the-yes for Stephen Dorff; he was hot as shit in that video. Awesome discovery about all those vids all being by the same director; I had no idea!

Btw, I found your site from the G.L.O.W. KickStarter page – lots of awesome stuff here. I shall return!