In The Dressing Room With Jason Wu For Target

I didn’t plan on doing an INTIMATE look at the Jason Wu for Target collection because I went ~sailing~ the day it came out so I wasn’t able to line up at the RED GATES with all the other assholes unfortunately. Then a few days ago, I got an email from the lovely Phaedra asking if I planned on writing about it. I know it helps to see what these kind of clothes look like on my supermodel bod so I said “WHY NOT??” The above collage are the dresses I would have liked to try on but were either sold out or only available online. There wasn’t much left in the stores but I werq’d with what was left. HERE THEY ARE!

This sexy secretary look was pretty cute. I liked how there were a lot of blouses with ties. You know I love a good PUSSYBOW…

Although this dress had  my favorite nautical colors, the design was a bit boring for my taste. But it did hug my girlish figure in all the right places. This was a medium. A lot of things seemed to run kinda big.

I liked this blue floral dress and debated on getting it but I ended up passing. Lately I’ve been in that shopping mood where if I ain’t CUCKOO for it then I don’t need to get it. (VERY RESPONSIBLE)

I wanted to really like this blue pleated floral skirt (same design as the dress above) but my crush on it was lukewarm.  The shirt was cute.

Here I am swimming in this too-big coat!

AND THAT IS ALL. Overall, I thought the collection was cute but I wasn’t head over heels in love with it. What about chu all? Did you get anything? I also liked the baby blue flower purses (although I didn’t get to see them in person) but I’m saving up for my dream purse so I have to be picky. I also still want a Cambridge satchel, but probably not neon anymore because that shit is everywhere. It’s becoming the Lita of purses! :(

1 Ann { 02.13.12 at 11:30 am }

I only got that pink polka dotted shirt you’re wearing in the first pic, it looked super cute on! Everything else left in the store I was also swimming in. All for the bettah!

2 vanessa { 02.13.12 at 11:42 am }

I need to follow your lead and start being more responsible with my choices. The blue floral dress was a tough one to pass up, I’m proud of you for keeping ~*dream purse*~ in your sights and making the right call!

P.S., let’s have a PUSSYBOW party.

3 Fajr { 02.13.12 at 11:51 am }

I liked it but I have to see it in person… that nautical dress did show your shape something fierce!

I feel the same way about Cambridge Satchels. Neon is played out, I just want a classic red one.

4 Tanya { 02.13.12 at 12:58 pm }

Love the navy coat (did u try it in a sz smaller?)….esp. with some red shoes….adorb!

5 Crystal { 02.13.12 at 1:55 pm }

I tried on the same dresses you did but I thought they looked ridiculous on me, so I didn’t end up getting anything.

6 Danielle { 02.13.12 at 3:31 pm }

I like that first top on you a lot! That’s one of the only pieces they had left once I went to Target the day after the collection came out. There were like two tops and two dresses left… it was pretty sad. Overall everything was kind of underwhelming though, the only things I really like are these two:

But since I can’t try them on I won’t risk it. Good for you for being responsible, haha I know how hard it is to say no to things at Target!

7 Danielle { 02.13.12 at 3:32 pm }
8 Mary { 02.14.12 at 12:50 pm }

Yay, I love that you did a post on Wu’s collection. I think you look great in both dresses, but that’s not surprising.

I got the blue floral bag online. Our store didn’t get the line, which was a bummer cuz I love to go try everything on (especially since the sizing can be erratic). I’ll probably end up getting one of the dresses from eBay eventually too.

9 Rob Raisins { 02.19.12 at 3:11 pm }

I am going wowzours on the O’Nachoorall look on the lipz!

10 marie { 02.21.12 at 2:52 pm }

It was cute! Someone said it might be one that rips easily?? Hopefully not!

11 marie { 02.21.12 at 2:53 pm }

Well I also hate how these purses say “JASON WU FOR TARGET” its like….OK WE KNOW THAT WHY MUST YOU PUT IT ON BLAST DOE

12 marie { 02.21.12 at 2:53 pm }

ooh classic red is nice! I think I might do regular pink!

13 marie { 02.21.12 at 2:53 pm }

They didn’t have it smaller :( It was cute tho!

14 marie { 02.21.12 at 3:07 pm }

It’s always a hit and miss with these thangs

15 marie { 02.21.12 at 3:08 pm }

I like that second one! Unfortch they didnt have it but it seems like a good basic to have!

16 marie { 02.21.12 at 3:12 pm }

Thanks girl! How do you like the bag?

17 marie { 02.21.12 at 3:13 pm }