Dress Obsessed: Wino Edition

Hey sexies. You know what I finally realized? I’ve become one of those “wine people.” WINE PEOPLE. Someone who would rather enjoy a nice glass of wine over any other kind of alcoholic beverage. And none of this 2 Buck Chuck eitha. Don’t roll your eyes at me! I AM 31 now and my days of reciting a whole Catholic mass in a Jameson-induced haze have been put to rest! I AM A MATURE & CLASSY LADY THESE DAYS. Well…at least when it comes to enjoying this adult grape juice anyway. A couple weeks ago, I went wine-tasting in Santa Ynez like us mature, classy people do. This is what I wore.

♥ Sunflower patterned dress from H&M, tights courtesy of We Love Colors, Urban Outfitters wedges, Lulu Guinness purse. ♥
These wedges are pretty legit. If I can comfortable walk around Santa Ynez all day in a pair of shoes they will get my co-sign.

I’ve had this cute lil’ Lulu Guinness purse for a loooong time. (BBD = Before Blogging Days.) It felt right with this outfit even though grapes would make more sense with the day’s theme.

One of the first places we visited was Gainey, where we got a tour of the vineyards. I loved learning about the process of wine-making. IT’S SO KEWL. Obviously at some point I daydreamed of having my own winery where you’d see me in the distance sidesaddle riding a horse, while dressed in flowing whites and Kate Bush’s “Wuthering Heights” automatically playing as I’d appear, also somehow surrounded in lens flare…It would be truly magical.

One of the places I loved was Saarloos and Sons. They do a wine and cupcake tasting.  These teeny tiny cupcakes were INCREDIBLE. Each one went with a certain wine. I was in heaven.

Another one of my favorite places we visited for a tasting was Sort This Out in Solvang. Pinup girls on the bottles. Super cute!

Can’t wait to go back!

1 Danielle { 12.02.11 at 2:58 pm }

It’s kind of bad that I only live 30 minutes away from Saarloos and Sons/Enjoy Cupcakes, because we go like… every other weekend now. The cupcakes are so delicious! And pretty. I always take a ton of pictures there. That wallpaper is sooo perfect too. Stay classy, Marie! ;P
Danielle recently posted…Cute Pup & Custom Pet PortraitsMy Profile

2 marie { 12.02.11 at 2:59 pm }

OMG JEALOUS! Tomorrow Elvira will be at Sort It Out and I JUST found out! :( Maybe one day we can rendezvous at Saarloos?!?

3 Crissy { 12.03.11 at 3:27 pm }

I miss my wino days! Cupcakes and wine sounds so divine. There is a place in Portland called Hip Chicks Do Wine. We should go there it if ever you come for a visit, after we raid the distilleries that is!
Crissy recently posted…So What? 001: I’m Keeping My Cable BoxMy Profile

4 Danielle { 12.04.11 at 12:22 am }

Oh my gosh, a few of my friends went today and had their picture taken with her & got her autograph on a bottle! I would’ve gone but I had a birthday to attend… ahhhhh, sadness! And I think they said it’s supposedly her last in-character appearance! Booo.
But yes, we should definitely should do Saarloos & cupcakes!
Danielle recently posted…Cute Pup & Custom Pet PortraitsMy Profile

5 melina bee { 12.05.11 at 8:20 pm }

love the lil daisies on that dress, so pretty. I am not wine knowledgeable to be honest, I am more of a beer person.
melina bee recently posted…Five Things I LikeMy Profile

6 marie { 12.05.11 at 8:47 pm }

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I must look into this!!! I’m debating on going up there before the holidays. Kinda want to pick up some bottles for gifts! I’ll let you know if I do!! :)

7 marie { 12.05.11 at 8:47 pm }

OMG SOUNDS LIKE FUN ALREADY!! yes!! I feel like my Portland trip is coming very soon…I mean, it’s about time!

8 marie { 12.05.11 at 8:48 pm }

I’m just learning! I wish I could be more of a beer person but it gets me too Bloaticia Addams! Do love it every so often though! Esp wit TACOS

9 Fajr | Stylish Thought { 12.06.11 at 7:12 am }

Love those Pin-Up bottles and those mini cakes look delicious! Being a wine person isn’t so bad, you can swirl your glass around and say obnoxious things like “The aroma is effervescent!” Whatever that means :)
Fajr | Stylish Thought recently posted…Thought of the Week: Stay StrongMy Profile