The Agent Lover And Ashe Mischief Slumber Party: Getcha Nails Did

WELCOME EVERYBODY! It’s time to unveil my first post for the Ashe Mischief and Agent Lover Virtual Slumber Party! This week we will be covering all slumber party-related topics such as beauty, boys, and booze! And to any dudes who are reading this, it’s pretty much like that episode of Saved by the Bell when Zack and Screech bug the girls’ slumber party with a tape recorder to find out who Kelly wants to take to prom. Or you can pretend this is an old-fashioned panty raid. AS YOU WISH, but be careful because you might get hoodwinked and accidentally leave with THESE. Anyway first up is my beauty post dedicated to a classic slumber party activity: GETTING YOUR NAILS DID!

When my girlfriends and I get together, we’ll gather all of our nail polish arsenals for a full-on night of ridiculous manicures. This is a serious thing, complete with heavy toolboxes filled with every manicure tool imaginable as well as refrigerators stocked with more nail polish than food. Obviously there ain’t no playin’ around these parts. Look at this erotic pose we did to show off our sexy talons during a recent ladies night in:

sexy nails

Now, I shall share with you my current choices for suitable slumber party nail polish!

Bright, girly colors are my favorite, so the Anchors Away collection from China Glaze is perfect! And nautical-themed nails would be great to try using the red and blue shades. All you need is a good white polish, like China Glaze’s White on White. I’d love to do something like this tutorial I found on I Love Nail Polish soon!

I am LOVING Urban Decay’s Rollergirl collection. Look at those purples and pinks!! GIVE IT TO ME!

And there’s also Katy Perry’s recent line for O.P.I. I love the multi-glitter but it’s very similar to the Burlesque one I have already. The blue glitter is gorge though! Has anyone tried that Shatter stuff on the right? I haven’t tried anything like that since my teen years.

As always, it’s important to have a variety of decals to add a fun little touch to your manicure. Sephora came out with these Hello Kitty decals not too long ago.

Sally carries SO much nail stuff nowadays! You can easily pick up some lil’ fruits for your fingers!

Do any of you ladies have any favorite nailsdid tips you’d like to share? Or are there any specific nail color collections coming out that we should know about? PLE TELL ME EVERYTHANG! Make sure to head over to Ashe’s blog for her post on cute pajammy-jams! And stay tuned for more Slumber Party posts from the both of us all week!

1 Poochie { 04.04.11 at 3:26 pm }

I’m getting obsessed with polish lately. I have no skills so I’m doing simple stuff like tonal french manicures (with matching glitter tips, natch!). I have 4 matte polishes coming to me and have bought so many colors lately it’s CRA-CRA!

2 andrea { 04.04.11 at 3:34 pm }

Thanks for this topic. I just took my nails off so now I have to paint my own. I bought some o.p.I nail polish but it takes for ever to dry & now my nails look so ugly. Any suggestions?

3 Chloe Newsom { 04.04.11 at 3:34 pm }

duuuuude I know I’m obsessive…but i have to shout-out to SWV…UH-GAIN. I was always obsessed with their perfect hoochie nails.

4 andrea { 04.04.11 at 3:35 pm }

Also I luv the glee line from o.p.I. the purple & green is pretty

5 Sophie { 04.04.11 at 3:41 pm }

I’m a nail polish addict. My favorite brand is Essie and I buy almost every color whenever a new collection comes out. I love their matte topcoat (black with matte tips is currently on my nails). My mum actually bought these Konad nail stamp things for me when she went to Hawaii and they’re so easy to use it’s easy to get carried away with buying new patterns.

6 Cute Pajamas & Lingerie for your Slumber Party Needs -- The Ashe Mischief/Agent Lover Virtual Slumber Party { 04.04.11 at 4:03 pm }

[...] out Marie’s post GETCHA NAILS DID today for more slumber party goodness! (Cuz it ain’t a slumber party til someone’s hair [...]

7 Eli { 04.04.11 at 4:30 pm }

I’m going to tell you two nail secrets – I never used to mine cause they always got all nasty and crazy smudged after I did them! A few months ago my little sister found like the perfect combination to stop this, this is why I sound like an advertisement. Using in combination the Orly rubberized base coat, which makes your nail polish stick to your nails and the Seche Vite or Out the Door top coats over your nail polish of choice, you will get perfect nails every time. The two top coats always dry in like 2 minutes!!! But for some reason you can peel away your nail polish in a day or two like those stupid peeling ones, the rubber in the base coat stops that. You can come knock on my door and I’ll give you the refund if this doesnt work!

8 gilda { 04.04.11 at 4:31 pm }

HAHAHAHHA that picture on top is HEE-LAHHHHRIOUS and i’m so jealous! wish i could go! and how come i’ve never seen hello kitty nail stickers around!
gilda recently posted…today’s get-up 02apr11 – print-on-printsMy Profile

9 Lizzi Dee { 04.04.11 at 5:30 pm }

I love Katy Perry’s Shattered nail polish! It’s so cool!

10 Julianne { 04.04.11 at 5:52 pm }

Hahaha, loving your reminiscences, though I hardly ever painted my nails when I was in my early teens, because it was against school uniform rules. In my late teens I got a bit too addicted and that led to the ridiculous collection I’ve got now. I have the Barry M version of the shatter polish. It is fun, and really useful for covering chipped polish when you’ve got to go out somewhere in a hurry. I’m trying to work out when nail art became cool again instead of tacky…

11 Tiffany { 04.04.11 at 7:48 pm }

Totes wore black crackle over orange all through the 6th grade because black and orange were our school colors and I thought it would impress the rest of band class.

12 melina bee { 04.05.11 at 6:01 pm }

nails! I love the sally hansen nail strips that have flower and butterfly patterns. also konad nail stamps are pretty cool.
melina bee recently posted…Victorian Ephemera- Time to PlantMy Profile

13 Fire & Ice Showgirls Drinking Game! { 04.06.11 at 8:01 am }

[...] here!) – Berkley and Gershon talk about eating dog food. – Berkley makes mention of her nails (need tips to getcha nails did? Showgirls [...]

14 Gore & Whores: Top 10 Horror Movies for a Slumber Party { 04.08.11 at 12:03 pm }

[...] s1.parentNode.insertBefore(s, s1); })(); Email Aight. You gotcha jammies on. You gotcha nails did. You gotcha drank on, and you’ve been confessing your crushes all night [...]

15 rin { 04.24.11 at 3:20 am }

the beyu brand of crackling topcoat works very well but i’m not sure of north american availability. thin coats make many tiny crackles,while thick makes big chunks. it’s rad.