Pendleton: The Portland Collection

Pendleton Portland Collection
Photos via Honey Kennedy

::A recent driving scene with me and My Style Council (similar to The Future Council in Bill and Ted’s Excellent Adventure)::

Me: “So don’t hit me but I’m really into this Native-American, ‘scuse me, injun-inspired Portland Collection for Pendleton.”

My Style Council: “I don’t even know what that means. MARIE YOU BETTER NOT START WEARING FUCKING TURQUOISE JEWELRY!”

Me: “Hey what’s wrong with turquoise jewelry?! I like it! How about if I wear just ONE ring? GAWD”

Pendleton Portland Collection

I first started raising a sexy eyebrow to old skool brand, Pendleton, when I saw my friend Melissa carrying their Dopp bag during our trip to Palm Springs. My crush on her purse somehow resulted in me buying a red Mexican poncho bag which I’m currently head over heels for yet I still long for the small Navajo-print one. Then, as I was keeping a close winged-eye on Pendleton, I heard about the Portland Collection and found myself WTF’ing all over the place because my fashion boner felt so… OUT OF CHARACTER. Then again not really, you know I love variety in my clothes and in my men. WINK

Portland Collection for Pendleton

So out of this collection, the cardigans take the cake for me. I love them all!!!!

Pendleton Portland Collection

I feel like this particular one has a Winnie Cooper sort of vibe. Is it the colors? Does anyone else feel what I feel or am I just a craylarius von crayla as per yooj?

Portland Collection for Pendleton

Question. Would you chop wood in these red plaid outfits with your lover? I know I would be down. Who doesn’t want to roleplay Mr. and Mrs. Lumberjack on a nice Sunday afternoon?

Portland Collection for Pendleton

Question. Would you wear these giant ponchos with your lover? You know I would. I wanna curl up in these with my winter thugboo while we watch the new episode of Beyond Scared Straight. Actually, they remind me a little of an updated version of the cholo ponchos from eighth grade. Remember when those were in?

Portland Collection for Pendleton

IN CONCLUSION, this whole thing has reminded me that I still want some cute Minnetonka moccasins. But of course I want some bright red ones and all I can find is this dark menstrual color.

moccasins don't freak out

Is there any hope? If not I have these options:

moccasins don't freak out

The pink ones are particularly whispering to me but I’m not sure about that nursing school sole. They grey ones are really cute..but I also love the traditional tan. AHHH!!! Thoughts?

1 melissa { 01.27.11 at 10:54 am }

“dark menstrual color.” HAHAHAHA! you crack me up! man, i love it all! sorry i was the cause of all this southwestern obseshfest! but i’m glad cause now i’m not the only one in our group who won’t be made fun of! hahaha!! but i don’t care cause i’ve always had a soft spot for native design :)

2 marie { 01.27.11 at 10:59 am }

You’ve never been alone! I’ve always liked this look. I used to have tan moccasins a few years ago! Still looking for my perfect TURQUOISE RING THO. hehe I’m still gonna get a dopp bag so we can be twinzies!

3 Lara { 01.27.11 at 11:01 am }

I can see you in every single one of these things. The white soles on the moccasins are just asking to look like crap.

I hadn’t heard of Pendleton either until a few months ago, I hit up a few thrift stores and found TWO perfect (made for me) wool blazers by them for a few bucks. My mom was all “Oh yeah, Pendleton, been around forever, I had a few suits by them.” They’re super high quality and now I spot the vintage stuff in thrift stores all the time.

4 melissa { 01.27.11 at 11:02 am }

OMG i’ve been looking my whole life for cool turqwa bracelets and rings!! i soooo badly wanna go to like new mexico or santa fe!! and since i’ve known you, you’ve always worn heels!! i gotta see these mocs cause i don’ believe you!! hahaha we gotta plan a new mexico trip soon bew!! that would be soooo awesome!

5 mary { 01.27.11 at 1:02 pm }

I’m loving the Winnie Cooper cardi. I totally get you on the nurse looking vibe of the mocs. SHAME! A bright teal would be adorable!

6 mary { 01.27.11 at 1:06 pm }

also, it’s funny that the next blog in my reader was this one: http://www.wicked-halo.com/2011/01/sylvia-jis-shapeshifters.html

7 Liz { 01.27.11 at 2:34 pm }

Yes! I am so glad that I am no longer alone in realizing a new, but getting deeper everyday love of Pendletonary.

8 Ellie Di { 01.27.11 at 4:12 pm }

I do dig the lumberjack look. Plaid is sooooo me.

But when I think of Pendleton, I think of this:

EVERY SINGLE TIME.

I pass it on to you. <3

9 Liz { 01.27.11 at 4:35 pm }

Also, my biggest prob is the desire to wear all P-ton items at the same time- a rough visual. However, those plaid on plaid ensembles are really doing it for me. Maybe I need to give redundancy a chance?

10 Hena { 01.27.11 at 8:41 pm }

Almost positive this boy model needs to grow a beard. UNF

11 Tanya { 01.27.11 at 9:14 pm }

Love me some Pendleton. I’m kind of digging on this set. It’s like… chic Log Lady from Twin Peaks!

12 Camila F. { 01.28.11 at 12:33 pm }

The clothes are so so so cute! But I’ll pass the moccasins…

13 Sara { 01.28.11 at 9:41 pm }

I just recently stumbled across your blog and I love the way you write! It reminds me (in the best possible way) of all the letters my friends and I were constantly exchanging in high school, only funnier.

I, too, have been afflicted with Pendleton fever, and the only cure is more cowbell…I mean some thrifted Pendleton-esque gear! Good luck with finding the perfect red moccasins, I will be on the hunt for the Winnie Cooper Cardigan.

14 jesi { 01.31.11 at 1:56 pm }

i f ind it so awesome and bizarre that people are so into minnetonka mocs right now… im from minnesota and have partied out on lake minnetonka, and those mocs have been around forever. used to be just something my dad would wear around the house, lol. now theyre fashionable! gotta say im lovin the menstral color… i would also totally rock those pink ones, or the white ones could be very punk rock!

15 marie { 02.01.11 at 4:31 pm }

OMG LAKE MINNETONKA!! like Apollonia! Have you ever had any Prince sightings ?

16 marie { 02.01.11 at 4:41 pm }

Thank you so much!!! UGH i think I might settle on grey or tan ones. Wish that sole wasn’t white on the pink ones!

17 marie { 02.01.11 at 4:42 pm }

Haha they aren’t for everyone! Definitely one of my favorite “ugly” items.

18 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:11 pm }

exactly!!

19 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:11 pm }

GRANDFARA FOND OF BEARDS

20 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:11 pm }

Plaid Gluttony!! I kind of like that

21 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:13 pm }

Hahahaha!

22 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:14 pm }

It’s quite nice!

23 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:14 pm }

They need to fix that sole!! I just remembered I had cute yellow shoes with a white nursing sole and they looked like shit quick.

24 marie { 02.01.11 at 5:14 pm }

INJUNS!!

25 marie { 02.01.11 at 7:07 pm }

exactly about those white soles!! bluddy hale!
I will need to keep my eyes peeled for some Pendleton during my thrifts!

26 jesi { 02.02.11 at 10:45 am }

i have never had the chance to see his majesty, but everytime my mom sees a limo ANYWHERE in minnesota shes like “omg its prince!!!” and my friends uncle went to high school with him. i wish i had more prince related tales to tell you… all i can say is i do frequent the infamous first avenue.

27 Nicole { 06.06.11 at 9:07 pm }

We are slowly rolling out our September delivery of the Pendleton: The Portland Collection and just thought I would share. PS – I LOVE teh moacasins!