90′s Chick Rock Mix Part 2

90schickrocksequel

In case some of you haven’t heard me shouting from the rooftops (via Twitter y Facebook), it’s my blog’s birthday/anniversary this week! We have been together for THREE WHOLE YEARS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT?! I hope you are still crazy in love with me Beyonce style as much as I am with you. This week is pretty much teenage Marie-themed so I hope you’ve been enjoying the flashback to my past. BUT NOW…close your eyes and open your ears because I gotchu a present!!! It’s the sequel to the 90′s Chick Rock mix (that mix is back for download as well)! This time we have a fairly good amount of grrrl bands, songs you might recognize from your favorite movies and maybe even one that you fantasized making out to with your Jordan Catalano-esque crush. No Mazzy Star though, SAWRE! But there IS Ethyl Meatplow (anyone, anyone?)

Download: 90′s Chick Rock: THE SEQUEL

DISCLAIMER: The Primitives “Crash” actually came out in 1988 but it’s such a 90′s song memory to me we are leaving it in!!

GIRL POWER 2011!!!!

1 jesika { 01.05.11 at 11:18 am }

i discovered a treasure trove of my old mix cds [with badass names and decoupaged covers] from HS and early college, and also a bunch of *actual cds*, so ive been digging on some chick rock lately… bikini kill, fiona apple and my ruin. also further old skool jams like alkaline trio & massive attack.
jesika recently posted…Gumdrops for the TroopsMy Profile

2 Random Floaty Thought Bits 4 | thatgirlallie { 01.05.11 at 12:35 pm }

[...] ♥  Refrigerator Upgrade Magnet ♥  Know how to use the internet ♥ Tiny Backyard Cottage ♥ 90’s Chick Rock Mix 2 ♥  This is America ♥  Double Exposures ♥ Breath of Life ♥ Shirt to pillow – No [...]

3 Penny Dreadful Vintage { 01.05.11 at 12:50 pm }

Yay! I do love Mazzy Starr, but Luscious Jackson makes up for the omission ;)
Penny Dreadful Vintage recently posted…Hogmanay and ResolutionsMy Profile

4 ginamarr { 01.05.11 at 1:08 pm }

YES YES. thank you for this. i see all my favvy favs

5 madam0wl { 01.05.11 at 4:28 pm }

Awesome! I think we must have been teenagers at the same time, this is total flashback. Happy blogaversary! I’m off to go download.

6 Alisha { 01.06.11 at 1:31 am }

I used to love “naked eye” – Luscious Jackson when I was in high school. Memories!

7 Alex hearts you { 01.08.11 at 10:54 am }

8 cakesandshakes { 01.09.11 at 11:06 am }

I effing LOVE your blog. I downloaded the amazing nostalgia tracks, thanx! I’m a nineties music junkie and can still be seen around in a flannel shirt and some suede 14-hole DMs, haha. Grunge/Indie rules. P.S. I also recommend the Pixies, PJ Harvey (what Courtney Love called ‘angry vagina music’) and Alice in Chains (nutshell is an ace track). Happy 2010, again love the blog. I would love to be on your blogroll, P.S.

cakesandshakes.wordpress.com

9 Jessicat { 01.10.11 at 5:11 pm }

As soon as I saw your 90s chick love, I scanned your
list for any Carla Bozulich references & you did not disappoint! You win the Internet.
Been lurking long time, happy third beefday.

10 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:07 am }

FINALLY!!!! Nobody said ANYTHING about her or Ethyl Meatplow or Geraldine Fibbers, was afraid I was alone!! xx

11 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:07 am }

Thanks girl!! Love the pixies and I put PJ Harvey on the first mix if you got to see that (link is in the post)

12 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:09 am }

LOVE YOU!!!!!!

13 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:18 am }

I have a memory of rehearsing it in my friends bedroom hahahhaa

14 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:19 am }

Being a teen in the 90′s was THE BEST!!!!! Feel bad for everyone born after 84

15 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:19 am }

xoxo!

16 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:20 am }

I don’t know why I didn’t want to put Fade into You…felt it was too predictable I guess? I’m not sure if I can ever do a Part 3 but if I do I’ll put it on there :)

17 marie { 01.12.11 at 9:21 am }