New Melissa Fetish Heels

new melissas beach house

Oh HAY DERE! According to some recent Twitter activity on my stream, it seems like a lot of us hit that Gilt sale for Melissa shoes a couple weeks ago INCL yours truly. It was the first time I purchased something off of Gilt as well as my first pair of Melissa shoesies. I had mixed feelings about Melissas shoes for a long time until I realized I kept thinking about those Viv Westwood X Melissa Lady Dragons with the hearts. If you keep thinking about something/ somebody for a year that means you better do something about it, right? GRAB DEM BOOBS AND GO FOR IT! However, they didn’t even have the ones I wanted so I went with this other pair I have been eyeing ever since I saw them on my beloved Elsa Billgren’s blog . Was buying these shoes akin to sleeping with the brother of the guy that you want because he’s not available? HOW WHORRIBLE! Excuse my Monday assholism if you’ve done that and I’m bringing up your life’s regrets. Anyway…here I am beach hausin’ with these Melissas.

new melissas beach house

As you know, I am an avid fan of knee socks so I thought they’d look perf with the new chancla heels. This is the way I worq that ‘trend.’ I feel like the socks and sandals look is something one has to be very careful with. For instance, if I was wearing short thick socks with these shoes I would look like a FOB piano teacher. On that note, I have a lot of things to say about current trends, in particular the ones that have finally trickled down from my motherland Tokyo but I’ll save that for another post this week.

new melissas beach house

The reflector heels are the best part of these shoes because I can do a little kick and use it as a mirror to reapply my lipstick. OKAY CONFESH. I scratched the heels while climbing on these beach rocks!!! UGH! I was so bummed until Emi said “It was only a matter of time” and I was like “Ugh she’s right. I can’t help my freestyle walking.”

new melissas beach house

I’m sure you are all like “OK MARIE, STOP TOOTIN’ AROUND AND SPILL IT. Where do these new chanclitas lay on your Shoe Triangle???” Well, as much as I hoped they’d be at the top, they are deemed DINNER/WORK SHOES. They are easy to walk in but they ripped up my right toe. Not sure why only the right toe was affected but I’m thinking it’s because I am right-handed. WHAT THE? Sidenote, my ladies who have the Melissa x VW Heart Lady Dragons, can you please tell me your experience with them? Where do they lay on the Shoe Triangle for you? Will they abuse my right toe? Will I get bored with them after a while similar to having a longtime crush on someone and finding out they aren’t really the dreamlover I thought they were?

LUVIN EWE,

1 Poochie { 07.19.10 at 1:23 pm }

I have the blue/red Lady Dragons. They are comfy enough but my problem is they are much to big for me so I only wear them once in a while. I love to look at them though.

2 Ashe Mischief { 07.19.10 at 2:16 pm }

I wonder if the shoes are cut small on the sides? Because… oddly enough… my flats always rubbed odd on my right toe (the little guy and the big one), until I made sure my nails were trimmed. Like if there were just alittlebittoolong then they felt awkward.
Ashe Mischief recently posted…IFB Presents- Links a la ModeMy Profile

3 Ashe Mischief { 07.19.10 at 2:17 pm }

Damn! I forgot to say, Demz sexy shoes. No wonder they’re called fetish. With the hot pink socks, I now COVET COVET COVET.
Ashe Mischief recently posted…IFB Presents- Links a la ModeMy Profile

4 Noora { 07.19.10 at 11:40 pm }

I have three pairs of VW Melissa Lady dragons (yellow-black, blue-red and white with cherry) – and a problem, yes – and I’d say the go to Dinner shoes. You really can walk in them, dance, stand and run to the bus, but just not too much.

In my case VW Melissa’s lead to dirty feet and shoes: first I run to a bus, walk to a bar, wait for drinks, dance my ass off, smoke, wait for drinks, dance my ass off, take shoes off, go for a smoke barefoot, drink, try to dance, drink, smoke barefoot, can’t dance anymore and eventually wear the shoes to wait for a taxi and walk home barefoot from wherever I buy my late night snack.

They’re like a long time crush that comes true. Not quite the dreamlover of your life, but who cares: sex is good and you look amazing together. So I say go for it! They may kill one of your toes, but at least mine always get over it pretty fast.
Noora recently posted…xkcd- KeynoteMy Profile

5 Mallory - Miss Malaprop { 07.20.10 at 7:21 am }

I LOVE these, and they look so cute with the hot pink socks! My only pair of Melissa shoes unfortunately don’t fit as well as I’d hoped they would. They fit, but walking in them very much gives me blisters. :( I still want to try another pair – I’ve seen some flats that I really like.

6 melina bee { 07.20.10 at 3:24 pm }

you look so cute in the middle picture, love your color combo. The bittersweetness of loving your clothes is they get worn a bit, but oh well.
melina bee recently posted…FairMy Profile

7 alix { 07.21.10 at 12:20 pm }

The shoes are awesome and paired with the pink tights = love!

8 Seb White { 07.21.10 at 2:41 pm }

I love these shoes, and agree with alix, paired with the pink knee highs are amazing. All the world needs to invent now are peeptoe socks and the world would be full of win.

9 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:16 am }

That’s cause you have the tiniest feet in the world! Like the feets belonging to Marilyn Monroe and co in the cement at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre!

10 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:16 am }

Maybe we both have a cray right foot!!

11 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:17 am }

“Not quite the dreamlover of your life, but who cares: sex is good and you look amazing together.” ahahaha love you Noora!! They will be mine someday!

12 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:18 am }

Methinks they are like Goldilocks and we have to find a pair that is JUST RIGHT

13 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:18 am }

thank you!! yes..sadly nothing stays in pristine condition around me.

14 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:18 am }

thank you gurlfren! xx

15 marie { 07.25.10 at 1:19 am }

They gottum in Tokyo!

16 sickgirl { 08.07.10 at 4:56 am }

I have two pairs of the Ultragirls, one regular and one lined in lace. The pair lined in lace eats up my middle and next-to-pinkie toes on my left foot to the point of actually making my nail polish look as if it has suffered from the effects of a strike-slip fault. The pair not lined in lace doesn’t do this though. Still, I don’t feel it the next day and am happy to go ahead and put them back on.