Meet You At The Cemetery Gates

Hat from a stand in Harajuku, Betsey Johnson Pollys, Tracy Feith for Target dress

After the wild celebratory night we went for a stroll among the dead at Hollywood Forever Cemetery. It had been a long time since I visited the grounds during the day and not on a Cinespia night.

There were beautiful peacocks strutting around like Vegas showgirls.

PARDON ME, HERE IT IS (I really did do that by accident)

peacock

HEEEEEEEY LITTLE GIRL I WANNA BE YOUR BOYFRIEND

mikks

sweet nickkis

reyna

Someone left white plastic fangs at Vampira’s grave so I took the black ones I had in the sunglasses holder in my car (YOU NEVER KNOW WHEN YOU NEED ‘EM) and left them there too.

vampira

photo1

photo6

I bought this hat on a stand in Harajuku when I went to Tokyo last summer. It reminded me of the hat the girl wears in The Lover aka L’amant. It’s about the affair of a young French lolita and a rich Chinese man. TABOO AND SEXY

theloverfilm

lamant

L'amant

1 Jessica { 06.09.10 at 1:58 pm }

GUHHHHHH I LOOOVE that dress!!!!! So funny when I saw the first picture I immediately thought of The Lover! Great minds gurl, great minds

2 Fajr | Stylish Thought { 06.09.10 at 4:19 pm }

Love the parasols! I have one in white, let’s have a parasol threesome!

3 melina bee { 06.09.10 at 7:37 pm }

the vampira gravestone is awesome. Have you ever read (or seen the movie adaptation of) Evelyn Waugh’s The Loved One? I believe it is set in a cemetery based on this one. In any case, i am super jealous.

4 Limespark - Please Feed the Bears. { 06.09.10 at 7:37 pm }

So… I would love to see an article from you on how you deal with having a rather out of the norm style in a world full of people who seem to hate anything even slightly out of the ordinary. :( You’re such a confident woman, I’d love to hear your take on dealing with, say, family who mocks you when you start to change….

5 gwen { 06.10.10 at 6:04 am }

That dress is hawt! The blue is amazing on you and the cut is to die for.

6 Annie { 06.10.10 at 6:47 pm }

Aw, I haven’t had the chance to visit Mizz Nurmi yet. I hope you said hi to DeeDee too. And Peter Lorre…swoon.

7 sarah von { 06.12.10 at 4:35 am }

1) love the parasol
2) The Lover was my fave book in college. Because I’m a dirty weirdo.