Bruja Icons: The Witches of Eastwick

conjuring

The Witches of Eastwick was one of THEE BEST bruja-themed movies to have ever been made. The coven made up of Michelle Pfeiffer, Susan Sarandon and CHER was the ultimate female power trio of the 80′s! Warning: I appear to have screencapped 220 stills of this film. GOOD LAWT! Based on a book, this movie is about three bffs which include Michelle Pfeiffer as some sort of octomom, a prude violinist played by Susan Sarandon and Cher as a tough, single momma. They all get together one night for martinis and Cheez Whiz to chat about their idea of the perfect mang, and Ol’ Jack Nicholson who is basically the debil himself appears and seduces all of them!

OMG

GAH!

ooh la la

LOL IMAGINE GETTING SEDUCED BY THAT MY LIL’ PONY TAIL? I PROB WOULD. Anyways, let’s talk about the fashunz. It IS the 80′s. That is clearly no joke.

When will hair like this get into fashion again? I’m in the mood for a perm. JUST KIDDIN I WOULD NEVER! I do like those wild locks though.

I liked when SS’s character got a little swivel in her hip and ditched the mousey librarian threads for these little numbers.

tart

tennis

She even rocks the current trend of socks n’ heels.

socks n heels

slut

voodoo

maleficio

This b gets the shit end of the stick in this movie. That’s what you get for being so squaresville and sticking your nose in other people’s business!

GAH!

LOL

I’m sure the first time you saw this scene it really messed with your head and stayed in there for the rest of your life. YOU’RE WELCOME!

sorry

1 Gwen { 06.09.10 at 7:11 am }

great post on so many levels….need to go watch that

2 Poochie { 06.09.10 at 7:51 am }

I have this in my Instant Queue so I was just watching this the other night and thinking I needed to do a post. Thank the devil you saved me the work.

3 Andi { 06.09.10 at 8:40 am }

Whenver I am walking around town with a token blonde and brunette,(i’m a sassy redhead) I like to scream out, “We’re Wetches of Eastwick”!!!
Jacks’ ponytail was like it’s own special little character in this movie..Do you know of anyplace I might be able to find one of those big thighed/belly staues Cher made? I need one.

4 Pikki Nikki { 06.09.10 at 9:49 am }

THIS IS FANTASTIC. and those lil’ triplets look exactly like bb mason :D

5 Jess { 06.10.10 at 3:07 am }

Ahhhh, WoE. First movie to teach me euphemisms.

6 Vicki { 01.04.11 at 5:41 am }

omg this movie was kinda weird but also super awesome. I think I liked it mostly due to their clothes and hair LOL but oh yes, also because of Jack. :D

do you have any more screencaps of the tennis scene? Because I drew a frizzy haired tennis chick and then realised it looked like the redhead witch in this movie!! So I think I’ll edit mah drawing to make it into an eastwick witch XD (thus some reference pics would be cool)