Zac Posen X Target

zacposen1

Okay ladies..in two weeks Zac Posen for Target will be UNLEASHED!!!!! You may have noticed I skipped talking about Gaultier for Target on here because BETCH PLE, that meant NUTHIN’ to me. But I have been waiting in the shadows and twiddling my fingers for Zac. MY PRESHIS. I am scheduling that weekend to make sure I am not hungover slash lazy or stuck somewhere that is far from a Target ( FYI to my hangout crew for that weekend. Thankfully that Kid Sister show is on Friday.) NOW…let’s talk about this collection. Pretty cute right? 80′s prom he says? You know that’s my shit. I like that lipstick tank top. And you know if I was going to a quince or a hoedown anytime soon, I’d get that red ruffled number.

zacposen2

And now my top two favorites…

zacposen3

I DIE FOR THAT TIGER PRINT DRESS!!!!! Maybe ’cause it reminds me of Betsey Johnson. It’s so colorful and FUN and a mood-lifter. Also that red leather jacket!!! And that tuxedo top…but it’s a bodysuit and although I like how some of my sistas look sporting those, I cannot. It reminds me of seventh grade when my chi-chis were barely growing and some cholo talked shit about them. To my face. HE TALKED SHIT ABOUT MY BEWBS TO MY FACE MEAN! I’ll probably try it on anyway but I also can’t handle the thought of me doing some sort of Sally O’ Malley high-kick and the crotch unsnapping like a boomerang and hitting me in the eye. UGH THE SLAPSTICK LIFE!

Here’s a cute video of the collection in action featuring the all-girl band The Like, directed by Gia Coppola.

I really hope that tiger print dress isn’t a disappointment. You know what I say about falling in lust over the internet. Sometimes things are just not what they seem. Dear gawd, it better not be like that one time in the early Myspace days of 2004, when I was flirting with some buff hunk who had pictures of his six-pack, which distracted me from noticing he had no smiling photos…then when we went on a date I found out he had Steve Buscemi teeth!!! NO OFFENSE BUT I JUST CANNOT. I’m sorry. Assholia over here. TRICKS ON ME I GUESS. SIGH.

Tell me whatchew think!

1 Poochie { 04.12.10 at 12:06 pm }

LOL! Please let me shop with you.

2 jenny { 04.12.10 at 12:07 pm }

love it. LOVE RED SOCKS with black shiny shoes. i think i’m probably gonna have to get the tuxedo bodysuit yep I”m fond of it all

3 Jill { 04.12.10 at 12:33 pm }

the tiger print dress seems to die for! i love how they paired everything with those mj’s and socks. so kewt.

4 Celisse { 04.12.10 at 1:40 pm }

Aghhhhh my fave is the very first photo on the left. LUV IT. the tiger print is also cute.

Also lol about Steve buscemi teefs. You have the best dating stories, ilu.

5 Tiffany { 04.12.10 at 1:58 pm }

Mm. All that gold and black.

Aw and hey I got tickets to Kid Sister, immaseeyouthere.

6 Rachael { 04.12.10 at 2:10 pm }

I think I might go for the bodysuit, actually. If it fits and doesn’t cost me half my gov’ment cheque.

7 Amy { 04.12.10 at 8:19 pm }

I love the red ruffled dress (dream about it once a week) but it probably wouldn’t fit me. Woe. Must cut off boobs!

8 Loulou { 04.12.10 at 9:16 pm }

oooh maybe I could be your Target date!

9 moa { 04.12.10 at 9:46 pm }

i love your crazy blog! knee socks? japan? teen witch? yes yes yes! i’m not so into these clothes though, but the like girls look fantastic. gimme that sixties hair! oh, and a hotel room please where i can hang out with my best friends who also have sixties hair and poofy skirts. also, i would make out with steve buscemi in a heartbeat. i would be more disappointed if someone had just shown me their buscemi teeth and then turned out to be a buff hunk on the actual date. so, we’re obviously not competing for the same men :)

10 ixelHazard { 04.13.10 at 3:42 am }

Lol, you crack me up. Also is this one of those annoyingly good ranges that never make it to the sweet shores of Australia.

11 Bonnie Rue { 04.13.10 at 8:55 am }

I’m liking the Like & the clothes – but my first thought was “Whoa! That model is SKINNY!” Seriously. Yikes.

12 Reyna { 04.13.10 at 12:17 pm }

The bodysuit.

13 leah { 04.13.10 at 6:24 pm }

I think I’m in love….with everything. However, that model needs to seriously eat a taco.

14 Liz { 04.14.10 at 9:44 am }

Living vicariously through your posts makes my separation from Target that much more bearable. Your picks are glorious, and I really hope that the tiger-print dress lives up to the expectations.

15 mary { 04.14.10 at 1:17 pm }

I love that first floral print dress. I gotta get over there in two weeks…

16 melissa { 04.15.10 at 1:46 pm }

love the video! those like girls are so adorable and the singer’s make-up is awesome! i have a thing with bodysuits too but i love the whole idea of the tuxedo. reminds me of a mayle dress i wanted so badly but too poor to buy! so cute. basically the exact same tuxedo idea but a dress! anyhoo, i’m sure i’ll try it on too and i’m sure it’ll hit me in the eye! haha i’m also loving that long dress by one of the band members with the cut out back! adorable! can’t wait to see it all in person :) this is all gonna be in cotton, right? not like liberty’s polyester disappointment! still so angry about that! but all of it was bleh to me anyways…the kids stuff was cute tho :)

17 melina bee { 04.16.10 at 7:47 pm }

ooohhh I can’t wait either! We have the same two favorites, only add the metallic bikini top to mine too (is there a matching bottom?) Sadly there the target near me doesn’t carry this line :( but my mom is on the lookout and I’ll see what can happen online.
melina bee

18 Cara { 04.20.10 at 4:27 am }

OMG amazing! We had Zac Posen design for target in Australia but it was nothing like this. In fact it was kind of a bit boring. Though I did still get two dresses, one a 40s style black number and a white frilly thing which actually dyed pink :/

We need this sort of stuff in Oz, I am so ashamed!