HAPPY 2010 SEXIES! I pondered long and hard (HELLO) about how I wanted to wrap up ’09. I was initially going to do a year-in-review like I’ve done the past two years, but decided that idea was a snoozefest. It’s all about mixing thangs up for the Oh Ten chu know. Next I decided to give you a mix of my top ten songs of the year! ZZZzzzZZ… ::handjob motion::… everyone was doing that! So THEN I thought, let me flip that idea and get real serious, look you straight in the eye and give you a mix of my own personal, private, top songs from the year!! (Even if they weren’t necessarily songs from 2009.) But I was getting so emotional bb and I didn’t want to subject you to “Little Red Corvette” yet again. SIGH. Finally, I put on my thinking bow and came up with a couple of lists I thought I should share witchu. This first post is (yes this is a two-parter)…
1. TOKYO DELETED SCENE – That crazy first night in Tokyo running around with new friends Jun and Shaula, two of the sweetest and funnest gals/models I’ve ever met. We started the night off at a club where Jun Takahashi built a GRACE doll live while Bounty Hunter’s Hikaru spun punk. It was then followed by some wild goose chase/club-hopping. We spent just enough time at a sleazy Roppongi club to have a total teen movie moment where I stepped out of the restroom and right into an MJ Thriller dance battle. All I needed was Usher Raymond and Freddie Prinze Jr. to make their cameos and join in on the dance floor. At that time, the King of Pop was newly deceased and my dancing chanclas were ready to pay tribute whenever and wherever. After leaving Roppongi and a couple of other failed clubbing attempts, we ended up at Le Baron where I THEN battled a queen decked out in baby blue lederhosen who had Verbal from Terikyaki Boyz in tow. Sadly, Baby Blue Lederhosen beat me in our danceoff since I could not match his upside down crab walk dance and I had to wave my white flag in surrender. WHY I OUGHTA. As the club was closing, we planned to go to a hidden ramen shop but walked outside to shockingly discover it was 5am and we had missed the last call for delishis noodles! Time did not exist on that trip! Do I even have to say it? I miss TOKYOOOO!
2. MY 29th BIRTHDAY! In October I decided to forego a usual LA bar birthday party in exchange for…an SF bar birthday party! We went to Kozy Kar, a bar decorated in a 70’s theme, where I charmed my way out of the crowd and into a waterbed, celebrating life with my favorite San Fran boos including my wifey Star and my middlename twin Mary Van Note. I always have such a great time up north! Loving you AND missing you guys so much!
I also hung out with Rory from Awesome All Day! He really is awesome! I do got one beef witchu Rory, why didn’t we get into any illegalish escapades together? That better have been a warm-up SON!
When I came back I celebrated with my LA crew who showered me with chips and salsa and lots of love and prezzies! Ya spoil me bos, ya spoil me! My friend Kiana painted me on top of a unicorn!
3. STAYMOIST MUG! Also at my LA b-day dinner, Melissa and Levon presented me with Thee John Stamos Mug! It says “HAVE MERCY!” on the back. Obviously the mug needed its own entry on this list. Here it is pictured with a bowl of traditional Filipino sotanghon. If only my lips could grace the REAL Stamos’ sexy mug! SOMEDAY MY WILD STALLION, SOMEDAY….
4. THE MUTANT ORACLE – For my birthday in SF Star got me an X-men tarot card reading by none other than the fabulous Storm! Being an X-men fan I have to say this was by far one of the best presents I have ever received! First of all, it was the most thorough and accurate tarot reading I have experienced, no joke (aside from the non-English speaking lady in Puerto Vallarta ten years ago that freaked me out)! I also pulled a Triple Jean Grey goddess which Storm said was the first time that had ever occurred! DAS RIGHT BAYBEE! If you are in San Francisco, I highly recommending getting your cards read by him!
“I cutchu mang!”
5. DISNEYLAND! – We went to Disneyland earlier in the year to celebrate my boo Emi’s b-day which was a blast!
6. THE NEW MOON PREMIERE – How could I have forgotten to blog about our annual ritual of popsicle-mask making for the Twilight series?? Of course I had to make new ones for New Moon. Poor Jacob and his tiny head. I didn’t have time to find a better picture. BTW, like my ~Edward~ shirt?
7. KID SISTER X MOVING UNITS – A couple of weeks ago I went to the Kid Sister X Moving Units show. I didn’t realize it was a ‘battle of the bands’ type of situation until we got there. I hadn’t heard Moving Units since the Club Bang days of 2005 so I wasn’t sure what to expect! The performers faced each other on two dueling stages, doing interpretations of each others’ songs as well as different versions of their own. Such a fun night!
8. IFB DRESS UP IN NYC! I can’t believe I never posted about this! WHATTA PUTA! I was driving from upstate NY to Brooklyn that same day and wasn’t able to make the soiree until it was pretty late. I was bummed but I’m glad I was able to meet up with some of the gals!
Me and Yoshi!
9. R.I.P. TAI – My personal tribute to Brittany Murphy. Her death really affected me! She said the line we like to say whenever there is mangs drama..in Tai accent: “If I’m too good for him, how come I’m not with him??”
After Clueless, I followed her trail and remember watching this MTV Diary episode where she was talking about her favorite lip balm which was Dr. Pepper flavor. Being a chapstick addict, of course I had to try it immediately…and it became my favorite lip balm for many years afterward. I always liked Ashton and her as a couple and would constantly watch Just Married. It bummed me out when they broke up. Why was I so obsessed with them? They always looked like they were having a good trucker hat-wearing, Dr. Pepper chapstick-hijinkies kinda time, that’s why. So so sad. When I found out she passed away I went to Target and bought a Dr. Pepper lip balm in her honor.
10. THIS HILARIOUS UGLY ASS PANDA NECKLACE PLATE THING I SADLY DID NOT BUY AT FAIRFAX SWAP
There you have it, my deleted scenes of 2009! Sorry I couldn’t include the telenovelas and the x-rated episodes but a girl has to keep SOME of her mystery. What ended up on your 2009 cutting room floor?