In The Dressing Room With Rodarte For Target

christina1

Last night I got a text from my friend Melissa saying her Target store released Rodarte early so first thing this morning, I called my local store and found out they did as well! I threw on my busted boots, rouged my cheeks and sped on over. Since I am Dress Obsessed, those are the items I focused on and didn’t pay much attention to the skirts and tops. I think the overdose of tulle between those items was too much for me. Anyway, I want to point out that I was pretty impressed by this Rodarte collab overall and can say that this is probably the strongest collection Target has done with a designer in a long time. If you have a giant boner for Rodarte I think you will be VERY pleased. Everything I tried on looked great in person and was made well. In the promo video they mentioned Harold and Maude, Bonnie and Clyde, and Rosemary’s Baby as the inspirations for this collection…but what about Kelly Bundy and Mad Love starring Drew Barrymore in her prime?! Cause that’s what I was feelin’ but that’s probably just me again ’cause you know how I dew…relating everything to the 80′s and 90′s. Yeah right! I am probably just reading into their subconscious…

photo

First, the tulle/lingerie dress, which comes in black, nude and mustard. The nude-colored one looked hideous with my skin tone making me camouflage into my own flesh like She-Wolf Shakira. When I sent the pic of the nude-colored one to my Headmistress of Satan’s School for Girls aka my Guardian Devil aka my Style Icon of Life for advice, she responded “Lillith Fair.” CASE CLOSED for me but a lot of you cuties can work it right like this girl. Naturally my next step was to enter my comfort zone of goth and go for the black, but it was still not happening for me. However, my mind started to think about the combination of this lingerie and tulle with Doc Martens and thus entered: MAD LOVE. I think we discussed this before. Wearing this, I totally would have lost my v-card to Chris O’ Donnell while listening to Mazzy Star’s “Fade Into You.” I would swim across the river to his house and jump right into his teenage arms. He would gently take off my Rodarte for Target lingerie dress strap by strap then make slow, tender love to me. Afterwards he would bring me a glass of Yoo-hoo and “a funny card” with tickets to Letters to Cleo inside. Sigh. I mean that’s what I imagined when I tried on this dress. Do you like my fashion-fanfic/softcore erotica?

rodarte3

The famous sequined ribcage dress! One thing I should mention is that the sequins are only on the front, which is a letdown. I think two years ago I would have been all over this shit but I am not feeling it personally. I will always love anatomy and medical-style everything but not for this one. Also NO CLEAVAGE!? NO THANK YOU!

rodartek

This is a kimono wrap dress that I LOVED. It reminds me of a 70′s drug lord’s wife and I WANTED IT BAD! But that shit tricked me and did not fit right hence no picture of me wearing it. It was all confusing like origami when I tried it and I was straddling the line between having a panic attack and getting turned on during the whole ordeal. If you gals get this please show me a picture of you invoking Penelope Cruz in Blow, all sexy with big sunglasses and a martini, but sans cocaine cause that shit is DISGUST, yaaawn and for losers FYI. (PSA)

rodarte2

The leopard dress was one of my favorites. KELLY BUNDY ALERT!! GETCHA GETCHA LIPS WET!! It’s lace with three cute bowners up and down the spine. EVERYONE GET THIS! (except me) I can see Desboobs and my own personal Kelly Bundy, Tiffany in it. I can’t wait to see how a lot of people wear this one.

rodartee7

The sequined snow leopard dress! New Year’s cleavage, is that you?? FINALLY!! The waist was baggy on me though and if I got it I would probably have to wear some kind of belt. I had to think about this one though, because I wouldn’t wear it often, and it’s very “now,” meaning I’m sure F21 has something similar. So I decided against it myself but if you are looking for a sexy NYE dress, your rack will look LOVELY in it!

rodartyuck

Do I even say anything. No thank you on this white pube shrug…flattened Albino afro…shaved a poodle…sheep herder…Balki Bartokomous..I SAY NO. Ple. Don’t do it. No!!

rodart1

Aww I loved this baby blue dress. So feminine and pretty. And I rarely wear this color. I had to be strict on myself though! Only one thing (for now…)

rodartee5

I decided on the lace print dress because I know I would wear it a lot and in different ways. It’s pretty AND versatile! Just like ME! WINK

rodartee4

This strapless flower print dress was sooo cute! I didn’t try on the black version of it but I think both will be very popular.

I’m bummed the lace tights weren’t in yet!!! I want those so bad! I almost got the tan shirt that has a lace print and a bow pinned underneath the collar but decided against it. Passed on the bow belts too because they wasn’t anything unique about them that I couldn’t find somewhere else.. All in all, a fun collection and I hope this is a sign the collaborations will be better and better! Let me know what you get!

1 jesi { 12.19.09 at 10:35 pm }

yaaaay fun. i love the dress you got and the blue one is so demure and pretty. its a very different look for you and i think you should go back and get it! [as you can tell im a huge enabler, i will shop you into the poorhouse.] i love the idea of the ribcage dress but also need a lower neckline or i will look huge with my mondo boobs all covered up. waaah. ribcage + bewbs plz?

2 jennine { 12.19.09 at 10:48 pm }

ooh wow! these all look great! and the lace one was my favorite on you, so i’m glad you got it… now methinks i’ll head down to see if anything looks as good on me! :)

3 Celisse { 12.19.09 at 10:53 pm }

I immediately thought of Tiff when I saw that leopard print dress.

LUV U GURL. The lace print dress is cuuuuuuuuuute and suits you to a T.

4 Ashley { 12.19.09 at 11:02 pm }

You look great in all of these! Thanks so much for the preview! The Skeleton dress, sheer blue dress, random fur shrug thing, and strapless dress weren’t at my Target, so it’s so great to see them in real life. All I picked up so far was the long sleeve leopard dress, which I love!

5 Kara { 12.20.09 at 12:42 am }

Wow wow wow, I love the first black dress and the baby blue dress sooo much! Everything you tried on looks super cute though!!

6 Liz { 12.20.09 at 3:05 am }

You rock all of these harder than a pretzel from the foodcourt, fuurrealz.
The dress you chose is absolutely killer!

In three days I am heading straight to Target. No passing Go.
Excitement!

7 melis { 12.20.09 at 11:07 am }

u look so great in everything!! omg the blue dress looks so adorable on you!! i want u to get it!! lol!! it’s funny cause the dress you actually ended up purchasing was the last dress that i didn’t get to try on cause they were closing and i already tried on a shit load of stuff beforehand and i got lazy and overwhelmed so i was like dame!! but it looks amazing on you! great job on the blog girlfriend! i ended up just getting the denim jacket, the raincoat and still deciding on if i should keep the blue dress myself or no…but other than that, it was a great collection overall. i’m still so curious about the faux leopard jacket but it was already sold out online last night!! so lame!!

8 Vidalia { 12.20.09 at 12:09 pm }

I got the sequined ribcage dress, cuz…you know I can’t wait to wear that to a temp job and horrify everyone. Most of the dresses were WAY too shortwaisted for me. The waistlines were cutting across my boobs in some cases. I wish you would have gotten the Peggy Bundy dress too.

9 Lindsay Jean { 12.21.09 at 9:00 am }

haha, i’m totally wearing the leopard bow back dress right now! it was my favorite too.

great updates from the dressing rooms!

i got the blue dress and the black bow shoulder as well. i felt the same way about the nude bow shoulder – it was better online.

kind of sad that everyone in the free (fashion blogging) world will have that light blue dress, but i can’t blame anyone, hahaha.

10 Vintage Vandalizm { 12.21.09 at 8:43 pm }

Girl we both jumped on the line quick! Great minds think alike! you look great in everything!

Great post!
xoxo!

11 Tamara { 12.22.09 at 9:14 am }

I am crazy jealous right now! I live in ingurlund so cant even try the clothes on.. but if I could, my entire christmas list would be most of the collection.. Can’t belive the lace tights where not about! Anyways, you look ace in the dresses.

12 Tiffany { 12.23.09 at 5:53 pm }

GAWD, I wish the leopard dress had been ready for my chest jelly. Someday, my friend, someday. Until then, leather skirts and cross necklaces from vending machines at Albertos it is!

13 desboobs { 12.28.09 at 3:29 pm }

rock that leopard ggrrrrrrrrl.

14 The Wholestyle Network » Blog Archive » In the Dressing Room with Zac Posen for Target { 05.01.10 at 9:48 am }

[...] you recall, last time when the Rodarte for Target line came out I tried on a bunch of the clothes and snapped shots in the dressing room to show you what they looked like in the real world. I wanted [...]

15 pajammy { 08.16.10 at 1:30 am }

these dresses are so pretty!!!

and yes, i’m going through your archives! :D
pajammy recently posted…POLICE FILES- Drooling over MAC’s Venomous Villains CollectionMy Profile