The Fabulous Stains

stains

What’s more badass than a movie featuring a young Diane Lane fronting an all-girl punk band? Not much…besides the makeup and clothes the girls wear in the film. Once you are done with the sequin masks and jeweled lips, why not keep surrendering to the dramatic makeup cravings and go for a ‘lil 80′s rock n’ roll glamour?

AsSceneOnTV 0252

badass

dianelane

rocknrawl

fuckye

Those close to me are *privileged* to know AND EXPERIENCE how much I love to wear tights and panties just to lounge around…if only we could walk around in public however we gawtdamn please. Los Gagaz does it and everyone gets their own panties twisted! Maybe she’s just taking Stains-style to the next lev.

booty

They even worked it right and wore panties OVER tights (helps keep them up of course)

legs

CROTCHVISION

So what say you? Halloween costume? or maybe even a flash mob type of situation?!?!? Let me know if you want to organize a synchronized dance and we can all be Youtube stars. You know I’m always down.

fuckoff

escalator

The Stains – Waste of Time
The Stains – Professionals

1 Jaka Merriman { 08.25.09 at 11:44 am }

I demand pictures of your Stains costume, pronto. No arguing! Go! (pushes)

2 gina marr { 08.25.09 at 11:53 am }

sugar! thank you thank you for posting this. its like you were reading mah mind or something because i was just thinking about this movie the other day. that first picture makes me all warm inside. the makeup … the hair… ahhh the dramatics! i love it.

3 Mary { 08.25.09 at 12:15 pm }

Wow, I’m feeling weirdly compelled to do this. It seems on a level with Hedwig and the Angry Inch, eh?

4 Kristin { 08.25.09 at 12:35 pm }

NYLON had something about the Stains in it last year, which compelled me to rent the movie. Which, has a fabulous commentary by the (now) Diane Lane! I also think it’s just a good look at fads in general- xo.

5 melis { 08.25.09 at 1:07 pm }

omahg! i love diane lane and i never even heard of this movie! that make-up is so awesome and perfect! and the hair! she’s so young and beautiful! was that laura dern i saw too? this movie looks rad! thanks for sharing boo! i def gotta check it out :)

6 gabuchan { 08.25.09 at 1:11 pm }

I just watched this movie for the first time last week. HOLY SHIT is it incredible!
I can think of nothing more delicious than to see you dressed in full stains attire. GO SKUNKS!

7 oni { 08.25.09 at 3:10 pm }

have you heard YACHTS version of waste of time?

8 kiana sassypants { 08.25.09 at 3:11 pm }

i loooove this movie! and how is ray winstone so cute?!

9 Sara { 08.25.09 at 5:24 pm }

Re: wearing panties OVER tights

…this has never occurred to me; you just significantly changed my life…

10 Maria { 08.25.09 at 8:46 pm }

Serious?!?! Oh mah gawd, yo. I just did a post about this on my blog. I checked my google reader updates and low and behold, you did a post about the same movie. Hot.

11 Mickay { 08.25.09 at 10:43 pm }

panties over tights is SUCH a good trick.

12 The Friendinator { 08.26.09 at 12:27 am }

FYI, young Diane Lane = the lyrics to 50 Cent’s “In Da Club.”

13 No Titles { 08.27.09 at 12:11 pm }

[...] The Fabulous Stains, as highlighted by Agent Lover (one of my new favorite¬† blogs), looks like the most incredible 80s movie ever, and I can’t believe I haven’t seen it yet! [...]

14 Annie { 09.10.09 at 2:46 pm }

GAW I love it. I saw it on VH1 like ten years ago and still have it taped on VHS. Diane Lane, so gorgeous!
Let me just say oh how I wish I was still in NYC for your visit but know that someone in Vermont is thinking of u!!! xoxo

15 Ladyminky { 09.28.09 at 1:56 pm }

ooh,i haven’t seen that film in years – i seriously need to see it again! :) Such a great film & i love the make-up & skunk ‘do too – yas! :D

16 Agent Lover » Hawt Lurks { 03.29.10 at 9:45 pm }

[...] ‚Ć More of The Runaways film! Great interview with Girl Power’s Marisa Meltzer talking about it here. (She’s pro-Dakota but they discuss The Fabulous Stains!) [...]