Diamonds Are A Girl’s Best Friend

marina

My new band crush is Marina and The Diamonds, which is actually just this one sexy Welsh woman (she says WE are the diamonds btw.) I have been obsessively watching her video for “I Am Not a Robot” over and over for the past few hours…or maybe not….that’s just cray cray…right? Bitch ple you know you listen to the same song over and over in your car… and cry too…right? Anyone? EYE ROLL. ANYWAYS.

[wp_youtube]S_oMD6-6q5Y&NR=1[/wp_youtube]

I love all of her makeup looks in the video, especially the jeweled lips and eyes!

Picture 7

Picture 4

Picture 8

Thanks to Marina, I am now I’m in the mood for some dramatic makeup. I haven’t worn any exciting eyeshadow in months… just my usual wingtip eyeliner. What happened to the wild weekday nights of yore when I didn’t think twice about getting dolled up in turquoise glittery eyeshadow, RuPaul-worthy lashes and my red Bozo lips? Am I too shy to sport a loud eye to go with my loud mouth? NO WAY! Did I lose my sense of makeup adventure? NEVER! Am I just one lazy mutha? Yeah, probably. One thing’s for sure,  it’s time to get crazy like the picture below, taken in 2007, when Reyna transformed my eyes into a sequin mask while we watched Romy and Michele’s High School Reunion, and during which I fell soundly asleep. It was quite relaxing.

i just woke up

Time to hit the craft store ladies! Get bags of sparklies, take a deep breath and steady that sober hand! Let’s bedazzle our lips and eyes and maybe even the inside of our thighs and say “FUCK IT!!! I WANNA BE DRIPPING IN GEMS AND NO ONE’S GONNA STOP ME!!!!!!”

1 MsPaulah { 08.20.09 at 9:58 pm }

Marie,

I enjoy/love this blog so much. You’re an amazing lady and I just wanted to let you that! Keep up the magic!

2 Rachel { 08.20.09 at 10:05 pm }

That song is really addictive!

I glued rhinestone’s to a friends face once for a photo shoot. She had some kind of weird reaction to the eyelash glue I did it with. Oops.

3 Caitlin { 08.20.09 at 10:23 pm }

Man, I love that song so freaking much.

4 nico { 08.20.09 at 11:10 pm }

was that a deliberate maya angelou reference? i think my love for this blog skyrocketed even more if it was!

wales represent. love that place.
xx

5 Ashe Mischief { 08.21.09 at 4:30 am }

Dude. YOU AND ME BOTH. This is not helping my desire to bedazzle my bod.

6 birdie { 08.21.09 at 6:46 am }

I’m waaaaaaaaay too into this trend. I have to work to keep myself from bedazzling my eye holes before leaving the house every day.

7 erindyan { 08.21.09 at 6:57 am }

I listen to the same song over and over in my car. I also choreograph it. I play said song over and over until I have the words and moves down so well I could DANCE FOR MY LIFE. You know. In case I get kidnapped, and the only way to get out of it is to perform the perfect number. Mock me if you want, but at least I’m going to live.

8 melis { 08.21.09 at 7:41 am }

omg, i’ve never heard of her or this song and the second i started watching, i fell in love! thanks for sharing and exposing me to such a cool sweet song! plus, LOVE the bejeweled eyes! you look amazing in that pic! we should totally bedazzle levon on saturday!! LOL!

9 Shaun { 08.21.09 at 9:01 am }

Gurl, I want my eyes and lips bejeweled like hers every fucking day!

10 ana { 08.21.09 at 11:11 am }

you’re absolutely right! she’s amazing. you’re make-up looked really nice. I want it too!

11 Mickay { 08.23.09 at 10:19 am }

i love that song so much!!!!!

12 Verena { 08.23.09 at 8:20 pm }

Lovelovelove the sequin mask. I want to do that sometime. :-)

13 Poshdeluxe | donut muffins, the perfect tea party guest! { 08.25.09 at 7:34 pm }

[...] lover spotlights a super cool video by marina and the diamonds and leaves me totally jonesing for rhinestones on my [...]

14 Ladyminky { 09.28.09 at 2:08 pm }

LOVE that jeweled look! Soooooooo gorgeous & pretty :) I really wanna do that – i love anything that sparkles me ;P
In regards to glamming up the make-up it’s unfortunately been my change of career that has put a stop to my wild make-up during the week days :( Makes me sad still.