Spy Wear

Scrubs Dress

{Details}

• vintage dress- fairfax flea
  • strawberry belt
  • soho lab shoes
  • Doublespeak slip
  • red socks

When I found this dress at the flea market I knew I had to have it because it reminded me of nurse scrubs. Perhaps it is some sort of uniform? Since I love pairing blue and turquoise with red accents, I wore it with my strawberry belt and red knee socks…but forgot to wear sock garters so by lunch they were giving up on me and rolling with the homies. AHHHH!! I had knee sock anxiety and little beads of sweat were forming on my forehead. It reminded me of sixth grade when I wore nude pantyhose socks with my slip-on Keds and flower print pedal pushers and they kept rolling down grannystiltskin style. How EMBARRASSING. Poor Rie Rie. By the way I still have not find any white sock garters yet. Are they just a figment of imagination? A dream that might never come true?

My friend Mike always sends me awesome vintage pictures he finds online.

Can you guess who is my new style icon in this picture?

Yes, the second girl from the left. BITCH PLZ DONCHU KNOW IT. I am feeling a lil’ El Topo – Wednesday Addams thang going on wit dat shit… I’m working on that outfit STAT!

1 Jennine { 03.28.09 at 2:56 pm }

if nurses got to wear dresses like that, i would have got into medicine a long time ago!
love it with red. :)

2 Poochie { 03.28.09 at 3:39 pm }

I TOTALLY knew which girl you picked, even before I scrolled down.

Smooch!

3 marie { 03.28.09 at 5:44 pm }

@Jennine – That’s what I’m saying!! I would have given in to every Filipino mom’s dream of their daughter becoming a nurse. I don’t want no scrubs! (no Winnie the Pooh ones at least)

@Poochie – Aww you know me well boo boo!! xo

4 Tiffany { 03.28.09 at 7:03 pm }

I also knew which girl it was. Psh.

5 ITS KIMORA BETCH { 03.28.09 at 7:15 pm }

i am LOLin wit da homies achu ROLLIN boo!
po lil rie rie :(

p.s.
the chicest nurses are at the planned parent hood in Santa Monica. i was there for my weekly abortion and was TAKEN BACK by their beauty…

their tattoos and heavy bejeweld facial piercings…MMM DELISHUS. the longest, lovliest nails you eva seen, painted every which way! evry rn had on technicolor scrubs! batman scubs! rainbow bright scrubs! i felt like i was at NOCTURNAL in the year NINETEENNINTYEIGHT.

foreal.

6 Mickay { 03.28.09 at 11:10 pm }

i love your outfit…that belt is badass.

7 Miss Addict { 03.29.09 at 2:57 am }

These would of matched your outfit perfectly :)

8 Lenora Jayne { 03.29.09 at 8:16 am }

Aqua + red is one of my favorite color combinations.

And ch-ch-check it: SockDreams has white sock garters here! I love their stuff.

9 Shana { 03.29.09 at 11:40 am }

Girl you are FAB! Love the vintage pics, you MUST recreate that look!

10 Birdie { 03.30.09 at 8:43 am }

I vote someone makes Marie one of those hats from the top pic. Like that one that looks like a folded-over tortilla? That’s amazing. You need that.

11 Shaun { 03.30.09 at 3:51 pm }

cue Cute CUTE!!!

12 marie { 03.31.09 at 8:26 am }

@Tiffany – OHKAY! You know me bo, you know me.

@KIMORA – Next time you go in for your weekly aborsh let me know. There’s nothing I want more than some bejeweled acrylic nails inspecting my pek pek. NOCTURNAL!! I DIE

@THANKS MICKAY!!

@Miss Addict – yesss! I got some stripeys like that!

@Lenora Jayne – OMG!! How could I have missed that! I have been lurking that site nonstop!! THANK YOU!!!

@Shana – Thank you so much for the sweet words! I am on it! The hat will be the hard part!

@Birdie – Can i make it happen?!! <3

@Shaun – Thanks bo bo!!!

13 Birdie { 04.09.09 at 2:45 pm }

You should make it happen. If you don’t, I will.

14 sarah { 04.23.09 at 9:40 am }

ooooh i love those photos. i have the website where he found those bookmarked. it’s a gold mine of inspiration!