My Fave Drape Is Wanda Woodward

Wanda Woodward, Traci Lords’ character from Cry-Baby, is one of my top style icons. Aside from her badass attitude, her pencil-cut dresses, wingtip eyeliner, fire-engine red pout and perfect bangs make up my favorite ingredients for my signature look, so how can I not list her as one of my inspirations?

“Oh Wanda, you sure is pretty in them tight clothes, all painted up like trash!”

lolli

“We like hot boys! Boys with roaming hands and rushing fingers!”

grrr

I love big hair!! Am I going to have to bumpit?!?

wanda

“Yeah, I’m just a bebop baby, and I don’t take nothing from no one! See ya later, daddy-os. Have a cool Yule and a frantic First!”

wanda woodward

In other news, if you want to be cat-called by multiple transients in a span of five minutes, dress like this. GAH!!!

hobo magnet outfit

1 pepper! { 03.22.09 at 10:13 pm }

wow, i just met with a photographer to do a wanda meets peg bundy shoot earlier this week! i love her.

2 Ashe Mischief { 03.23.09 at 4:39 am }

Miss Agent Lover Girl! You read my mind & conversations from light moon years away! I was just telling the Faux Beau about this film last night and how we needed to watch it because he has never seen a John Water’s film & it is amazing.

3 Erica B. { 03.23.09 at 5:18 am }

You ROCK!! I know this movie word from word, song to song. I even have the CD. I am so glad you blogged about this. So, question, are you a square or a drape?

4 Mel { 03.23.09 at 7:33 am }

I actually saw this on Saturday!! I decided to stay in and I felt the itch to watch my ultimate rockabilly dreamboat, CRY BABY. Wanda Woodward is the ULTIMATE vamp. Soundtrack kicks ass too!

5 Marshall { 03.23.09 at 8:13 am }

I’m a Hatchet Face man, myself.

6 Kate { 03.23.09 at 10:29 am }

AH!
You managed to screencap my FAVORITE visual moment from Tracy Lords in this movie, the scene where she’s pouting on the couch.

Cry-Baby used to be my Bible. I was a Cry-Baby girl for a while in highschool.

WANDA WOODWARD FOR LIFE!

Love,
Kate
AKA Hayley Jane

7 Tiffany { 03.23.09 at 10:45 am }

Oh man, I might get some of those bumpits.

Blonde bangs just make me sad now. My plan isn’t working.

8 Crystal { 03.23.09 at 1:57 pm }

OMG, bumpitup!

And, Wanda Woodward is the best bitchface ever.

9 marie { 03.23.09 at 9:54 pm }

@pepper – awesome!

@ashe mischief – OMGG You need to school him on all the magic that is Mr. Waters!!!

@Erica – if you’ve been around these parts for awhile you’d probably say I was a scrape! But on most days..a drape ;)

@Mel – maybe it is the season for us to watch Cry-Baby!

@Marshall – Hatchetface is really badass. It was hard to choose, but I had to go towards bangs :)

@Kate – Hey lady! Thanks for visiting over here! Yesss she’s so cute in this scene!

@Tiffany – Let’s bumpit. NO!! I still have faith in blonde bangs, bb!!!

@Crystal! YES, she definitely takes the cake. Bitchface and perfect bangs?! She’s our saint!

10 Celisse { 03.24.09 at 4:59 pm }

Hena was telling me the other day to get a BUMPIT. I would if I had any spare cash lying around. IVE BEEN LUSTING AFTER IT FOR MONTHS

also marie where do you get all of your sexy tights and stockings? UGH i need to stock up. i like wearing them all year like a WEIRDO.

11 Tara { 03.25.09 at 8:56 pm }

Awesome Wanda pout in the last photo!
I love the white dress she’s wearing in the third photo, she really is one of the ultimate rockabilly girls!

12 click click - 31-03-09 | final fashion { 03.31.09 at 4:08 am }

[...] You love Agent Lover, right?  She posts all the hotness, including a little ode to Joseph Gordon Levitt and 500 Days.  For those who like pretty ladies, direct your eyes to Wanda Woodward. [...]

13 Annie Dangerpaws { 03.31.09 at 9:35 am }

God, who doesn’t want to be her? Even if her mom’s a crossing guard…because her mom is Patty Hearst as a crossing guard.
Has anyone road tested these bumpits? I’m intrigued! Way cooler than the topsy-tail..

14 Mira Scott { 07.10.09 at 12:34 pm }

Hey do you know if her hairstyle has a name? I’ve been looking all over the place for some sort of guide or even just more pictures of the style, but I can’t find anything.
Thanks

15 Sarada { 07.25.10 at 10:37 pm }

that’s the you’re trading me in for a milk maid! face

i LOVE HER!

16 Nadia { 08.25.10 at 4:30 am }

Wanda is one of my biggest inspirations as well, she’s smoking hot!!

“Meet Inga! JA JA JA!”

17 Good-to-bad { 11.09.10 at 8:39 pm }

You are SO true. I watched cry-baby once a few years ago, but fell asleep before it was over. I looked every where for it. And finally, 3 years later, I found it. (I just watched it 9 times, in the past 4 days LOL) And ya, I’m in high school atm, and I have changed my style from short shorts and colourful tank top, to Wanda style. And I love it!

18 Laura { 07.24.11 at 1:00 pm }

THAT dress in the third photo… Where can I get this or one very similar? Help!

19 On The Search For The Perfect Retro Bathing Suit: Part 5 — { 06.06.12 at 11:59 am }

[...] them all! This  bow bikini top on Modcloth has been catching my ojo for MONTHS. It’s totally Wanda Woodward steez, [...]

20 Kobi Jae { 03.06.14 at 12:02 am }

You mean you SWAPPED me? For a MILKMAID?!

Love her, love this, love you! <3