Grey Gardens and Coco Avant Chanel

Here are the trailers for two movies many of us have been anticipating. First, HBO’s Grey Gardens movie starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange as Little Edie and Big Edie Beale, Jackie O’s crazy relatives. The first time I saw the original Grey Gardens documentary I hated it! I remember it disturbed me so much, I crawled into a little ball and gently rocked back and forth. However, like with all of my favorite horror films, I love it even thought I am scared. Even watching this preview gives me the ‘rhea because Drew is so convincing as Little Edie (betch better get a Golden Globe or somethin’ for this one!), please lurk:

[wp_youtube]tW5ryhrzYC4[/wp_youtube]

So I won’t have nightmares tonight I am going to watch the trailer for Coco avant Chanel starring Amelie aka Audrey Tatou as the legendary Coco. In fact I am going to put on my life medicine, the movie Amelie, right before I go to beddy bye tonight so I can end this post on a happy note. Damn you Grey Gardens! Always scarin’ me…

[wp_youtube]obXrWJaV8Hg[/wp_youtube]

1 Ashe Mischief { 03.13.09 at 10:47 am }

This could be Drew’s most memorable role since her opening sequence in Scream. Which I really do mean as a compliment.

2 marie { 03.13.09 at 10:48 am }

AND FIRESTARTER!! AND CATS EYE!! One of these days I’m going to do a post on my Drew Barrymore obsession confession.

3 Tiffany { 03.13.09 at 10:58 am }

I think I remember seeing a documentary about that on PBS once reeeeally late at night when I was a kid once. RICH WEIRDOS.

4 marie { 03.13.09 at 11:11 am }

Tiff- They WERE rich, then were living in isolation, poverty and filth in this huge ass estate! It was bananas!

5 GLOSSY LOCA { 03.13.09 at 5:20 pm }

I just can’t get past Drew Barrymore and her smooshed potatoe face playing Little Edie. Of course HBO is going to ruin the movie by turning it into this glamourous epic love story. I love Grey Gardens for what it REALLY is…. flea infestation, canned P√Ęte, and cat feces. <3

6 melis { 03.15.09 at 10:03 pm }

OMG! seriously this gave me chills!! dude! like you said, drew better win some kind of award or something cause this looks fucking fantastic! that part where she talks about her outfit was like spitting image of the original little edie when she described hers like in that one scene. she even sounded like her! this is pretty amazing. i just wish it was coming out in theatres so we could all see it together and not on mutha fuckin’ HBO! i can’t wait that long for it to come out on dvd! oh wells…i’ll just watch the OG one till then ;p

7 melis { 03.15.09 at 10:05 pm }

and p.s. yes i want to see the coco chanel movie too! i love audrey tatou and it looks AMAZING!! :D can’t wait and that one, we can all watch in the theatre…YAY!

8 The Friendinator { 03.16.09 at 12:43 pm }

I just hope Jessica Lange doesn’t re-create the scene from the original where we saw Big Edie’s boobs…NIGHTMARES! That scene made my contacts spin.

9 Jules { 03.18.09 at 7:08 pm }

Oh,looks great movie..;D
Thanks for sharing it to us..;D
Have a nice day.