It’s Oh So Familiar

A couple weeks ago I saw the video for “The Fear” by Lily Allen. There was no doubt I would love the style of the video. All that color! Balloons which become dancing balloons! Desserts! And giant presents that come alive and start cuttin’ a rug with Lily, who is wearing a cute mini dress with long hair and bangs, singing and dancing along as if she were in a musical…

[wp_youtube]q-wGMlSuX_c[/wp_youtube]

Hmm. Wait a minute this looks familiar….

[wp_youtube]htobTBlCvUU[/wp_youtube]

UM WHUTTTT?!

1 gina marr { 01.14.09 at 7:58 am }

ok at first i was infuriated but then i was like its such a blatant copy: the choreography in certain parts in exactly the same as IOSQ. is it a homage? now i’ve heard she’s a Björk fan and i could totes imagine myself using some elements from my favorite B videos to pay homage to her, but I’d make sure it was good and I’d give a shot out. That being said, I don’t think Lily did either of those things. Don’t copy Björk and if you doit better be fucking outstanding. That’s all there is too it.

2 Miss Elle { 01.14.09 at 1:43 pm }

I really hope that it’s a coincidence (ahem, a HUGE one), or Lily Allen is just so badass that she’s obsessed with Bjork (like so many of us are) and just had to perpetuate her extreme video styles and infuse it with her music…

Yeah, she totally ripped it off. =(

xoxo.

3 The Friendinator { 01.14.09 at 5:48 pm }

Eh. Blame EMI before blaming Lily. She’s too goddamn hot to get mad at!

4 marie { 01.18.09 at 11:26 pm }

I wonder if there is some sort of interview explaining the video. I mean, it’s SO obvious!! At least put a disclaimer: AYO BOO, DIS IS ME PAYING HOMAGE TO YOU!

5 Annie Dangerpaws { 01.20.09 at 7:08 pm }

I haven’t seen the new vid…but I know the guy who made the sets
pls don’t blame the jimmy james

6 Annie Dangerpaws { 01.20.09 at 7:11 pm }

..and by “haven’t” I mean “hadn’t” because you embedded the video and I am not *that* lazy. ahem.

7 marie { 01.21.09 at 1:05 am }

Oh I won’t blame them. Those sets are amazing! I really like the video! I just want whomever to just confess it is a “homage” to the GREAT BJORK.