Dress Up Diary – Hard Rock Edition

I spent the weekend in San Diego again, this time at the Hard Rock which was SO much fun. Joan Jett helped me with my first outfit photo. This is what I wore on our little road trip down.

wardrobe remix hard rock hotel

{Details}:

• forever 21 necklace
  • red cardigan..local store
  • target belt
  • luella for target skirt
  • black tights
  • chinese slipper mary janes – downtown ventura

That old Luella for Target skirt is so tore up. It is about two sizes too big for me, was already missing two buttons, and by the time we got to the hotel another button fell off. I had a fantasy of it bursting apart like Zapped! but it unfortunately didn’t happen.

I’ve got a meeting in the ladies room. GAH!

Creepy Bathroom Remix

{Details}:

Nubby’s red lipstick tee
black skirt and belt – H&M
red tights – Urban Out
black knee highs – Target
chinese mary janes – downtown Ventura

Last week I stayed at the W Hotel, which was very nice. I do like the Hard Rock better though. If you are looking for something hip and chic, yet more kick back, the W is for that. The beds were like fluffy marshmallow clouds (I MISS THAT BED!), the showers were very nice (super soft water) and it felt like I was staying inside of an iPod. The Hard Rock was comfortable too but it’s definitely the place to go if you want to party. It’s sexy, seductive and perfect for RAGIN’. However, if you are shy about the following: dooking and being naked, then it might not be the place for you to lay your weary head. The bathroom was right in the middle of the room with not-so-discreet glass doors that hide no sound.

Everyone will watch and hear you pee.

stuck in the ice

But you will watch them like a nerd ghost waiting in the wings…

nerd ghost

That’s creepy and sick, I’m sorry.

Also I’d like to apologize for that weird ass video I posted…while drunk. WTF?! We were arguing about UB40 which is already lame first of all, secondly, Hex was thinking “I Can’t Help Falling in Love” was called “Fools Rush In”, which is an entirely different song so we were both confused. HOWEVER that actually proves I wasn’t really wrong after all. YAY. Right?!? Anyway, I will promise to only blog when I am in the right frame of mind from now on…IF YOU’RE LUCKY.

F U

Das righ.

1 Freya { 12.22.08 at 1:04 am }

I hope that you never blog while in the right frame of mind. Everything’s much more interesting that way.

I like those glasses a lot by the by.

2 Olla { 12.22.08 at 1:31 am }

yayay! for nubby products.

3 The Friendinator { 12.22.08 at 1:36 am }

1. AWESOME pic of you in the glasses. No joke, the cover of your autobigraphy…okay, maybe the cover of your explicit unauthorized biography, but a cover shot fo’ sho’ nonetheless.

2. You mean, they AREN’T the same song???

3. Drunk blogging is, in my opinion, Nouveau Online Cinema Verite…such cultural practices must not be terminated!

4 pepper! { 12.22.08 at 10:56 am }

let’s run away together.

5 Ms Constantine { 12.22.08 at 12:02 pm }

I agree entirely with The Friendlinator.

Also…more UB40 facts…

Turns out ‘(I can’t help) Falling in love with you’ was released in 1993 and was a cover of the 1961 Elvis Presley song.

Many lyrics websites call this song ‘Fools rush in’, I would guess because of the lyrics but this is wrong.

…anyway.

Don’t stop blogging when you’re drunk or I won’t have anything to over analyse!

6 gina marr { 12.23.08 at 7:09 am }

hah i love the outfit with the nubby tee and i actually LOVED that vlog about UB40. i say more drunk vlogs in 09 puhlease

7 marie { 12.23.08 at 10:38 pm }

@Freya – AM I ONLY FUN WHILE DRUNK?? Haha, the glasses belong to my friend Hector! I love them!

@Olla – I know right! She’s the best!

@The Friendinator – HAHA Hellz yez, those glasses are creepalish. I need to get them and wear them all the time. That video was so dumb! We weren’t even having a real argument! However, I am still RIGHT.

@pepper! – yes…if these pins n’ needles go away!

@Ms Constantine – OK THANK U. First I thought they were the same song, but when I saw all the googles I thought he was right! YOU ARE FEELING ME THANK YOU. Also Constantine is my new nephew’s middle name!

@gina marr- HAHA anything for you as long as you like it!!

8 sheena she { 12.24.08 at 9:33 am }

being creepy is awesome. you’re too cute!!!!

9 Sammy { 12.26.08 at 1:58 am }

Hi!

Found ur blog when googling for info on the ‘B’ necklace in The Other Boleyn Girl/Ugly Betty. Ur layout is one of the ‘awesomest’ i’ve seen in the blogosphere. Will b in touch ;)

Which part of the U to the S to the A do u live?

10 Katie Kutthroat { 12.26.08 at 2:45 pm }

Oh first off I LOVE JOAN JETT! Secondly, love the cherry skirt and the lipstick shirt.. of course not together. hehe. Also, I added you on twitter.. add me back if you’d like :)

11 Em { 12.27.08 at 3:33 am }

You are so freaking cute. I know I say that every time you post, but you are. I wish I had a nerd ghost watching me pee..no wait…
I looove ur 2 sizes too big, falling apart skirt!

12 thejoyofsound { 12.28.08 at 9:08 am }

I’m going to go ahead and say that nothing is lame where Ub40 is concerned. While most people would consider them to be a “guilty pleasure”, I feel no guilt for my extreme love of that band…no matter how many of their songs are covers.

Also, I am madly in love with Joan Jett. I even told her so once. She was real nice about it (not nice enough to put out but nice none the less). My obsession with her is actually painful at times and when I’m sharing the same airspace as her, I tend to let out a few tears.

13 Shaun { 12.29.08 at 7:12 pm }