Look At Dem Bootz

Has there ever been a certain piece of clothing you saw once and became almost obsessed with finding afterwards? My friend Nicki had been on an intense search for purple suede boots for a long time. The ones she originally wanted were at a ridiculous price of $200. BITCH PLZ. Luckily during a random shopping excursion to the local shops, my bargain radar found her a similar pair for about $25. I think you have to be careful when buying an article of clothing or accessory that is either trendy or not your usual style. Giving it a trial run by purchasing a cheaper version might be a wise move, before you end up spending all yo’ hard-earned paper on something that might be just be a personal passing fad. Wish I knew that back in ’02 when I thought I was cool buying THREE Dooney and Burke purses. HOW EMBARRASSING. I need to Ebay that shit away from me ASAP.

Nicki was excited to finally have her purple bootz, but then she was asking “WTF am I supposed to wear with them Marlow?” (My nickname if you didn’t know.) I kept telling her “something mustard!” but she’s afraid of it “looking too Lakers” and we all know my little problem with that. Unfortunately, we didn’t have time to do the nude portrait of Nicki wearing the boots like she requested, but I did a little Polyvorin’ for her grape-flavored boots using the Steve Madden ones and these are the oufits I came up with:

She loves American Psycho so I wanted to put together a menswear-inspired outfit, incorporating a pair of skinny grey jeans, another item she had recently acquired, and a vest ( which will most likely result in her being mistaken for Christian ‘Ferosh’ Siriano again, a true story.) She’s also growing out her hair so I’m trying to push feathery headbands on her during the annoying in-the-middle stage.

Bitch Plz 1 by AgentLover

Nicki and I love peacocks and she has a beautiful tattoo of one on her right arm. The bird’s different colors would look great with the purple boots, especially if they are worn with a muted dress and then jazzed up with peacock-colored hair accessories and bracelets. I think an amber ring would be a cute addition. It reminds me of when I was nine and read this book about seeing the future. One of the things to do was to look at a piece of amber in the moonlight and you were supposed to see your true love so I did it with an amber ring. Whatta nerd.

Bitch Plz 4 by AgentLover

We also love us some karaoke so I had to find an outfit for her to wear while she’s screaming some Danzig into a mic on a Friday night. A lil’ rock n’ roll style is easy to convey with those delish boots.

Bitch Plz 3 by AgentLover

How excited am I to have succeeded in getting Nicki to read Twilight so I won’t have to watch the movie alone when it comes out? I was seriously going to wear a trenchcoat and some big sunglasses at a 10am showing, but now AS I WRITE THIS BLOG she is reading the book. Who woulda thunk lesbians would love Twilight too?? Hehe.

Bitch Plz 2 by AgentLover

I would also love to see her in some latex leggings but she’s not too sure about that…yet. In the meantime I hope this helped you Micks! And If any of you sexies need my assistance in putting together an outfit, or you just want to tell me secrets or talk about hottiez, drop me a note at marie@agentlover.com!

1 Mickay { 11.13.08 at 11:43 pm }

fuck i love you so much, marlow. those outfits are all amazing. i have you to thank not only for my great style, but my love of teen vampire novels and being gay. yes, it is all because of you Mrs. Lodi…..

2 marie { 11.14.08 at 12:00 am }

Anytime my sweet! And you ain’t the first person I made gay. Don’t forget my high school boyfriend! BLOL

3 Vixel { 11.14.08 at 1:49 am }

I must admit, I have a small obsession with finding a pair of red boots I love as much as Nubby’s. They are my dream boots and I can’t find anything that even vaguely compares to them!

Those are some lovely outfits!

4 marie { 11.14.08 at 8:17 am }

@Vixel -It’s so funny you say that because I have been looking for the perfect pair of red boots for years!! I’m obsessed with red shoes in general and I still have not find the right crimson-colored boots yet either. It’s like a unicorn!

5 Melanie { 11.14.08 at 10:10 am }

I love the peacock outfit. My hair is a little peacock-y at the moment so I might invest in some purple suede boots.

6 celisse { 11.14.08 at 10:52 am }

Hi, Hello I had the same problem re: Dooney & Bourke back in 03. I gave mine away to the Homeless because they were wearing them anyway.

7 The Friendinator { 11.14.08 at 5:06 pm }

Ya’ know, back when I was a barely legal youngin’, I had a mall job that forced me to walk past the window of a store that had the leather jacket to end all leather jackets. It was black, with a 3-inch elastic-ish waist band and a pocket upon each bosomal hemisphere. We’re talking, The Fonz meets Brando, with a hint of Memphis Belle! Each pocket had an awesome dark-wood button that made me say, “um…WOW!” It was 1995 and I was convinced that jacket with those amazing buttons would teleport me clear over to 1999 where I would meet Prince and dance under a shower of 200 Ballons in Gotham City. Only snag, my paychecks were about $98 and the jacket broke the $500 mark. I looked everywhere for a knockoff but never found anything close. I mean, come on, who can duplicate leather-wooden Divinty…right? I wish I had you around back then to push me into looking further for a decent substitute. I eventually discontinued the hunt by convincing myself that the awesome wooden buttons on the chest that onced “wowed” me were actually nasty-looking buttons that made me look like I had gigantic laser-shooting wooden nipples…of course, had I found a similar jacket, I would likely have had a buffet of STDs by now, because a jacket as suave as that was sure to get anyone laid again and again and again.

8 Em { 11.14.08 at 5:29 pm }

Aww you are such a nice friend! I love those outfits, and purple boots, woot! I found some pink suede ones the other day (!!!) but my account is in negatives *oops*

9 leyla { 11.14.08 at 7:10 pm }

I like dem burple boots. Also, HELLO TWILIGHT BUDDIES.

10 Jesse { 11.15.08 at 4:21 pm }

Hmm funny you should bring up boots…

currently coveting these:

I’m thinking quasi-steampunkish…

11 marie { 11.19.08 at 12:49 pm }

@Melanie – Work it girl, work dem purple urples.

@Celisse – So you understand my trauma! Will they even sell on los Ebays?!

@The Friendinator – Goddamn! That jacket sounds too hot to handle. LOL buffet of STDs. How you make me LOL, sir!

@Em – Are they hot pink/fuschia?

@Leyla – TWO MORE DAYS BETCH

@Jesse- Can’t wait to see you work ‘em mister!

12 brooke { 11.19.08 at 3:31 pm }

i love peacocks as well! those are some really beautiful things!