Mother of Sighs

This image-heavy post is a Halloween homage to one of my favorite horror films, Dario Argento’s Suspiria. I love the set decor so much. Mark my words fellas and felladies, when I build my dream haunted house with secret rooms and passageways, it will be done in the style of Suspiria

I need one of these lightup peacocks…

AsSceneOnTV 0017.jpg

Even the murder is gorgeous!

1 MikeyH76 { 10.30.08 at 9:28 am }

I once heard someone say it was like a “Disney Horror Movie”

2 Freya { 10.30.08 at 10:18 am }

I really liked the way Suspiria looked, but I wasn’t as impressed with it as other Argento movies.

I think Deep Red is my favorite.

3 Vicki { 10.30.08 at 10:45 am }

Wow, the decor is indeed beautiful! I’ve never actually seen the film, I may have to now :)

4 Penelope Bat { 10.30.08 at 11:49 am }

I think Suspiria and The Cell are by far my two favorite psychedelic horror flicks.

Why don’t people make movies like this anymore? Whatever happened to crazy, wicked cool sets?!

5 Alisa { 10.30.08 at 11:49 am }

You could wallpaper the room of razor wire with some nice flocked wallpaper!

6 Sparkle Roundup « Sparkle and Glitter { 10.30.08 at 11:44 pm }

[...] Lover makes a post on horror film Suspiria entitled “Mother Of Sighs” with screncaps from the movie detailing the beautiful [...]

7 Shaun { 10.31.08 at 11:46 am }

i’m netflix-ing this as i’m writing this comment.

8 marie { 11.02.08 at 7:50 pm }

@MikeyH76 – I can totally see why!

@Freya – I NEED to see Deep Red still!

@Vicki – Isn’t it? Netflix it now! :)

@Penelope Bat – I know… I wish I was a director so I could make some beautiful fucked up shit. At least we have people like Jean-Pierre Jeunet who make beautiful films but I want something SCURRY and GORGEOUS!

@Alisa – Haha! Always love a little velvet flocked!

@Shaun – And now you are OBSESSED!

9 Vidalia { 11.03.08 at 11:44 am }

At this point, I’m going to respectfully have to say that Argento is MARIO BAVA’S BITCH.

Bava paved the way for him and Argento pinched a lot of his visual style.

Watch Black Sabbath, Black Sunday and even the ridiculous 5 Dolls for an August Moon. Bava could take a bad script, no budget and bad actors and turn even the worst film into art.

10 Robyn Von Swank { 11.03.08 at 2:47 pm }