Sick Screencappin’

AsSceneOnTV 0019.jpg

I was sick in bed this weekend so all I did was Netflix and screencap…and drink beer as if it were medicine. Another reason why I am not your role model. Anyway, I have another post coming at chu later today, but I wanted to share my favorite scene from Return to Oz, one of my top ten films from childhood.

when you're sick during the weekend ya just start screencappin'

I loved Princess Mombi and her cabeza switcharoo. It was so fucking scary slash glamorous to baby Marie.

Donchu know I’ve been planning on doing a shoot to recreate this scene. LADIES, are you ready? Don’t worry, I will leave your pretty little heads attached.

Her pad was the shit, was it not? All that crystal…makes me want to grab a bat. I just decided to do a future post on my dream house with the appropriate screencap references sometime.

Look at that BED

Love that red key too!

diva

[wp_youtube]7XjC_0lGm0E[/wp_youtube]

Toodlez!

1 C. { 08.20.08 at 4:20 am }

You can get that bed at Ikea. Seriously.

(This is one of my favourites too. The head switching totally stuck in my own head (ahah) even after all those years).

2 gea* { 08.20.08 at 6:36 pm }

I can’t believe I missed this gem. Must see!

3 Elizabeth { 08.22.08 at 11:35 am }

I loved this movie as a kid. I saw it when it was in the theater and it really scared me. I would always play that scene with my barbies.

4 marie { 08.22.08 at 11:53 am }

@c – IKEA!! WTF! I better check that out…

@gea – are you serious!? My jaw just dropped. You’ve seen everything!

@Elizabeth – HAHA ahh…sweet Barbie torture.

5 joy { 08.22.08 at 12:29 pm }

oh god! that scene was terrifying! that whole movie freaked me out so much when i was a kid! i will face my fears and watch it again one day…

6 Bella { 08.23.08 at 7:49 pm }

Ooooh yes! Thank key is delectable! That pic makes me want to string it around my neck and wear it out to tea parties!

7 Loulou { 08.24.08 at 10:21 am }

Hi there back atcha!

I just wrote a post the other week about my one true love for this movie! The head scene is soooo good, i love it i love it.

Also the key is perfect isn’t it! Have a peek at this one that my good friend makes, you might like it:

Also, re the next post, Crypozoology! another of my favourite things too, I have this massive Cryptozoology Dictionary that i’m working my way through.
<3 Loulou xo

8 SJ { 08.25.08 at 4:29 am }

For some reason the scene that sticks with me is the one where she finds the key in the mud. I went around our house collecting all the old looking keys after that. This is such a rad movie… Gold.

9 marie { 08.26.08 at 11:26 am }

@Bella -
YES! that would be the cuteeeeest.

10 marie { 08.26.08 at 11:31 am }

@Loulou -

I’ll have to check out your post! Also I love helpless romantic! OMG, please be in my AWESOME CRYPTOZOOLOGY CLUB! I will make you VICE PRES! :P
xo

11 marie { 08.26.08 at 11:32 am }

@SJ – I love old ornate keys! So pretty and kind of sad for some reason, no?

12 ambika { 08.31.08 at 7:55 pm }

My boyfriend got me to watch this a year or so ago. I was astonished by how wonderful it was given that I hadn’t even heard of it until then. Great screen caps!

13 SJ { 09.07.08 at 6:41 pm }

@marie -
Yes! I feel that too… Like there’s an awesome wardrobe somewhere (a la Narnia) that is just waiting for this key.
I don’t know if you had a lot of them in the U.S. but when I was a kid in Australia (OZ!) built in closets were not a regular thing so we always had wardrobes that had lovely little keys. Good times.
I horded all our keys in a little box. What a creep.

14 loulou { 09.15.08 at 9:29 am }

Ooh only just saw this. I WANT TO BE IN THE CLUB! VICE PRES? Oh really, you shouldnt, oh go on them *runs off with co-captain badge*

15 Kids’ movie gone wrong « ♥Bubbly Pink♥ { 04.18.09 at 5:25 am }