Dear Diary – A Question in Answer

Dear Diary, A Question in Answer

I was only nine years old here and my fears of the apocalypse were already forming. Poor bebi Marie! At least I entertained myself with some fantasy films. I actually have Return to Oz at home from Netflix right now.

1 melissa { 06.25.08 at 8:27 am }

such a great movie!! :D

2 Joelle { 06.25.08 at 2:57 pm }

I had that diary! :-)

3 Tammy { 06.26.08 at 8:21 am }

Hey Marie! How did I miss this beautiful blog? This is what all other blogs want to look like on their best, prettiest day!

Sigh, I remember being terrified by nuclear holocaust around this age…maybe the terrifying leap into a double digit age is subconsciously daunting…maybe we were just whacked out kids. I’ll go with the latter. :)

4 leyla { 06.26.08 at 9:15 am }

ok but Return from OZ was SCARY … I think we’ve discussed this.

5 Marshall { 06.27.08 at 6:14 am }

What does a draft-o-meter do?

I’m still convinced that the apocalypse is going to happen every day. I turn on the news in expectation of the end of the world, every time.

6 Vidalia { 07.02.08 at 12:35 am }

I was always afraid a murderer, monster or coven of witches was going to break in and murder me, eat me or drag me off into the woods and make me their witch slave without actually teaching me how to use any of my powers. Since my dad made us have fire drills, I had a murderer/monster/gaggle of witches drill. My bedroom was on the second floor, so I tied towels together which were attached to my bedpost and long enough to hang out my window. I would set a bunch of booby traps from the top of the stairs to my bedroom (thanks Scooby Doo) door, so that if the aforementioned beings came a knockin’, they’d make a bunch of noise and trip over a bunch of things in the dark allowing me time to open the window, throw the makeshift towel rope out there to give the appearance that I’d climbed out. I would then hide in the giant pile of clothes in the back of my closet while the murderers, monsters and witches ran outside in confusion. (Thanks Tom & Jerry).

7 marie { 07.02.08 at 9:59 am }

Hey everyone! I think a draft o meter measures drafts. >_<

@Vidalia…THAT IS THE MOST HILAR STORY EVER!!!!!! I used to make pepperbombs and hang them out of my window [Thank you 3 Ninjas]

8 CC { 09.28.08 at 6:44 pm }

I think the best part may be that it’s signed “No fun, Marie.”

9 Becky { 07.28.10 at 11:16 am }